Choosing the right doctor for hair transplant.

Matt3210

How to choose a good hair transplant doctor?Hairrestorationnetwork is a forum that is used, among other things, to sell and promote doctors who pay for it and there is nothing wrong with that. You can find both good and bad doctors here. How to distinguish them, since you can read a lot of good words about each of them and everyone wants to be considered one of the best? Here are some of my suggestions:

Good doctor:
He is a doctor first, whose main mission is to help people. He usually needs a personal consultation before surgery to examine someone and assess whether he is a good candidate for HT. If yes, he will do the best he can. If not, or there is a risk of failure, they will not undertake the operation and will explain in detail why a hair transplant is not a good option for someone.
It is difficult or impossible to find bad results and dissatisfied patients, and if it happens to someone, they will do anything to help. They will offer a free correction or refund.

Bad Doctor:
He is in the first place a seller whose main mission is to maximize the profits from his business. He does not need a personal consultation before the operation. He will say whatever the patient wants to hear. He needs a quick hair transplant booking and sale.
It's easy to find bad results and dissatisfied patients. If this happens to someone, they will get away from rosponsibility with making a cheap excuse and turn away. Unless he can sell another hair transplant.

I recommend everyone to research thoroughly and not ignore the reviews, both bad and good. I hope this will help someone avoid falling into the marketing trap and make the right decision. Why wasn't I so smart before...
As for me, I got a bad job from Dr. Mwamba, and I include him in the second group. This is just my opinion and everyone may have a different one. I am not talking now about criticizing a particular doctor, but about drawing attention to the entire HT industry, which is very often incompatible with medical ethics.

A hair transplant is a procedure that can change someone's life for the better or destroy it. I wish everyone to be careful and good luck.

• Valued Contributor

@Matt3210 every single hair transplant surgeon has had a result that has been terrible. That's why surgery is a last resort. Your post doesn't explain all of the excellent results that I have seen by patients of Dr Mwamba. I'm sorry if your experience was different. I go by the results of patients from this excellent site and do my own due diligence (especially as a former patient who has had two failed surgeries that resulted in nothing more than scars and lost grafts). Find a surgeon who turns out consistent results on a regular basis on patients who has similar hair loss and results that you are aiming for. I'm going to have surgery again next month with Dr Sethi and I know full well that it could potentially all end up going pear shaped. I have factored this into my decision and research. All the best!

My main criteria when choosing a surgeon is results from users in forums, never from the clinic themselves. Ironically enough thats how I chose Mwamba (you can find several good cases in this forum) and although my HT is recent, I am happy so far (can't say how happy I am until few months go by, but ill update).

For the same reason, unless you provide a clear report of your case with photos and explaining why you think you got a bad job, I can't really take that opinion as face value either.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

PD: Mwamba is def on the "aggressive" side in terms of listening to their patient goals and being open to take riskier approach. In my case I was very glad he was willing to go for it as I wished, for example, with Rafael de Freitas I couldn't do it my way because he didn't want to.

Im perfectly aware of what risks im taking and I was informed about everything during the process, ultimately, if I have a bad result it will be mostly because of my decision to take a riskier approach with donor management.

Also, last comment on it because I found it funny that you think its was a "marketing trap". I think Mwamba is literally the worst surgeon in the entire industry in terms of marketing himself. Like really terrible in that area. Most of his clients just come from recommendation of others. That's why his wait line is shorter than usual most likely.

• Like 1

Since you are suggesting opinions on the forum, you know that Dr. has a lot of good work here, but also unsuccessful works. If you've done thorough research and accepted the risks, I hope you'll be successful. My post is more aimed at ignorant people who want to pay a lot of money and be in good hands. And it does not mainly concern a specific doctor, but generally recommending to do more thorough examinations and risk awareness.

Not everyone wants to publish their photos on the internet and I know that makes me less credible. In my case the problem is cobblestoning and uneven recipient skin. I'm sure it's a mistake in placing the grafts, in my case by the technician in the absence of the doctor. I'm not the first person with this problem and my biggest complaint is that I wasn't careful enough during my research.

As for the Marketing, it is done here and sometimes dishonestly. I call a marketing trap, among other things, the activity of a mustang user. It has been exposed by other users as an employee of Fue clinic, and may now operate under a different name.

• Like 1