So just how good is Finesteride - here's my personal 20 years study!

Surfarosa

I started on Proscar in 2002 (before Propecia was FDA approved) and progresed to Avodart over the years. In 2013 (or there abouts I stopped taking meds). This was due to reading some negative reports about its long term use and effiacy after prolonged use. I did not notice more shedding so thought I was fine.

The final picture is what happend after just 4-5 months back on it.

After nearly a decade off it - it kicked right back in to the point it's not even noticable.

And it's still getting thicker!

Crown 2002.png

Crown 2010.png

Crown 2010.jpeg

Crown 2022.png

10E5C42E-4DA4-450F-99FD-BAB7CA6A4D04_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Surfarosa
  • Like 1

• Surfarosa changed the title to So just how good is Finesteride - here's my personal 20 years study!
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Surfarosa said:

I started on Proscar in 2002 (before Propecia was FDA approved) and progresed to Avodart over the years. In 2013 (or there abouts I stopped taking meds). This was due to reading some negative reports about its long term use and effiacy after prolonged use. I did not notice more shedding so thought I was fine.

After nearly a decade off it - it kicked right back in to the point it's not even noticable.

Crown 2002.png

Crown 2010.png

Crown 2010.jpeg

Crown 2022.png

Looks like you didn't lose any ground after stopping for 10 years. Do you have any pictures of how it looked like before getting back on the medication?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Surfarosa said:

18888959_Crown2022.thumb.jpeg.edb8aae3e82d7dd0fc64a95fee3ec676.jpeg

Back on Propecia for 5 months.jpeg

Yes, you definitely lost some ground. Fascinating that you were able to recover after stopping for a decade. That's definitely reassuring.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Surfarosa said:

Crown 2002.png

Crown 2010.png

Crown 2010.jpeg

Crown 2022.png

I think in your case your hair loss isn't extreme as some others. Some people have very sensitive levels towards DHT and can easily lose hair from even the smallest amounts of DHT

I think in your case your hair is a little more resistant to some levels of DHT which could be why you are gaining some ground back. Nonetheless, this is very lucky and interesting to see.

Any future plans towards next steps?

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

14 hours ago, Vann said:

I think in your case your hair loss isn't extreme as some others. Some people have very sensitive levels towards DHT and can easily lose hair from even the smallest amounts of DHT

I think in your case your hair is a little more resistant to some levels of DHT which could be why you are gaining some ground back. Nonetheless, this is very lucky and interesting to see.

Any future plans towards next steps?

Yes I have just had my 4th HT. My first FUE proceedure with Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic (first class all thr way BTW). Here the link - I will be posting more pictures later if people are interested in my 12 shots etc.

Struggling with the decision to just buxz the lot or keep the hair on top longer whichg looks a biy wierd.

• 3 weeks later...