Is this forum biased

noone

Why are you narrowing your search to Turkey or India? It's a common misconception that Turkey is the hair transplant capital of the world simply because there are so many clinics available and medical tourism is a huge part of the country's economy. Most of those clinics are full on hair mills. You're very early in your research journey. Many knowledgeable members of this forum have been around the hair transplant industry for a very long time so take advice from the senior members here. This is probably the most unbiased forum out there but it's only one tool. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Good clinics exist all over the world, Turkey gets more a mention than any other country as it’s like a mecca that’s synonymous with hair transplants as well as other medial tourism. That’s unfortunate as it’s also the place which had more hair mills per capita than anywhere else, and In reality 99% of which are not worth risking. People centre on Turkey and India because of the cost, both places are much more affordable than elsewhere, but this comes at a risk of you make the wrong choice. The Drs/Clinics mentioned here are not just those that’s on the recommended list, but plenty of others too, those that do good work usually end up also being recommended either by members on a consistent basis, or eventually might be added to the recommendations list provided by the forum itself. The list isn’t perfect (none are) it’s a starting point though, and the more time you spend researching the more of a idea you would have for other options.

European options, such as those in Spain/Belgium/Portugal show some excellent Drs/Clinics while managing to remain somewhere in the middle for affordability.

The same names will keep cropping up as people generally opt for those that are well proven/reliable and show consistent results, a lot here are 20+ years of demonstrating this. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Disturbing indeed. Something straight out of the ID channel. 

And not even 1 week later there's another deranged lunatic with ineedhair2, this is why I never show my face on the internet. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Alex974 said:

And not even 1 week later there's another deranged lunatic with ineedhair2, this is why I never show my face on the internet. 

It's been an interesting week to say the least. I guess it's to be expected when the community is popular. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It's been an interesting week to say the least. I guess it's to be expected when the community is popular. 

Well at least with the second guy, we may or may not have an idea of who this person is if it ever came down to needing a restraining order. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alex974 said:

Well at least with the second guy, we may or may not have an idea of who this person is if it ever came down to needing a restraining order. 

on the other hand, if this person is Driven to rage, he might use a different Vehicle than the forum to express it, stay safe