Dean Koontz Hair Transplant or Toupee!?

TheEmperor

I was reading Dean Koontz' wiki bio which says he had admitting to having a hair transplant.

060620_koontz_vmed_10a.widec.jpg

Everything I know about HT is that you just cant achieve this kind of density. (Search google for pics of his almost bald head.)

I think it is a system. This may be an example of someone calling their system a transplant, because the HT is more socially accepted and doesn't have the same negative stigma, and also cannot be grabbed and forcibly removed.

If this is a transplant, please someone find out his miracle doctor!

Opinions?

Really looks like a system to me too, unless he's just let his transplant grow and gone for the feathering look, illusion of density and all that... Still think it's a system, no grey or anything, and he's no spring chicken.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Well on this pre-op pic you can clearly see that he was an advanced norwood 6-7, with an OLD transplant on top. gerda_dean_koontz.jpg

On this post-op pic you can see that he had a total of about 35,000 grafts transplanted. A long strip was extracted from the back of his head, to the neck and down the whole spine in the back. His mustache was also extracted. Great work. icon_wink.gif

Dean+Koontz+1.JPG

I feel kinda bad for him. I am a fan of his writing and when reading his bio, found out this detail.

He made the change in the late 90s, and he has probably been locked into it ever since. Had he waited a couple years, he might have been able to get a nice, age appropriate transplant.

hey serious you are supposed to be errrr.. serious yet you are being funny.... what gives? consider name/nick change next time you post something like that. icon_wink.gif

but to me this fella looked waaaay better before. as a matter effect he looks very idiotic and ridiculous like this now. i mean take a good look at the before and after. holy crap this dude looks like he's wearing one of those russian winter hats. not cool at all if you ask me. makes me wonder if he has any friends to tell him that (the truth). unbelievable what greed, lust, envy and jealousy can and will do to your appearance.

lesson - be careful what you wish for icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...