Norwood 3 looking for a hairtransplant

16 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

So finasteride has caused you to loss less hair but your saying that your still losing hair on fin? 

I was talking about my experience with Finasteride when i initially took it in my early 20s for couple of years . I discontinued it and currently back on it for last 10 days.

My experience at the time was similar to what this person has documented . It worked out well for him , it very well could have been my experience if i decided to stick with it longer.

8 hours ago, Khanate said:

I was talking about my experience with Finasteride when i initially took it in my early 20s for couple of years . I discontinued it and currently back on it for last 10 days.

My experience at the time was similar to what this person has documented . It worked out well for him , it very well could have been my experience if i decided to stick with it longer.

I see, maybe try every other day, or topical finasteride 

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar level of hair loss to you (but slightly more advanced). I had 3100 grafts 10 months ago and it's given a good aesthetic improvement. I had most grafts in the hair line / mid scalp with some in the crown. 

Good luck with your journey!

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I have a very similar level of hair loss to you (but slightly more advanced). I had 3100 grafts 10 months ago and it's given a good aesthetic improvement. I had most grafts in the hair line / mid scalp with some in the crown. 

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks ! . iam Day 10 post op . Posted my transplant in another thread .

4 minutes ago, Khanate said:

Strong Results ! Will be very happy if iam able to replicate it ! 😊

Sure you will. You chose a great surgery and had more grafts into a smaller area so you're on track for a great result. Happy growing!

• Like 1

How are you guys getting such impressive results from 3000ish grafts? I’ve been regularly quoted 3500 grafts and my hair is nowhere near as gone as either of yours was. Doesn’t it take 2000-2500 grafts just for some slight NW 2-3 receding/thinning at the front? 

Edited by Adrenaline7

There's no simple answer to that. While your loss is much less, as a diverse thinner there's a greater chance of losing existing hairs, so generally the graft count is higher to cater for that. I also thought you were planning to lower your hairline, which can quickly eat up grafts (due to density needed and use of soft singles).

There's also:

- Hair characteristics. I had about 2.7 hairs/follicle on average and average hair diameter.

- Luck with medication response. I believe I've seen growth through finesteride usage, which is unusual.

- Placement. Use of grafts sparingly by the doctor to give an illusion of density. Mine is probably less refined than would have been possible for someone with less loss.

- Survival rate. I must have had a fairly high survival rate since people have commented that a large area was covered with a relatively small number of grafts. I'm also 6'5 and have a large head, which makes the result all the more impressive.