Not a good candidate for HT regardless of procedure NW 5+?

Hey Everyone, glad I found this forum.

I normally just shave my head but was wondering if any HT would work? I've spoke to a couple people and 1 surgeon and they said my hair is too thin and nothing will work.

I really wouldn't care if my donor area is over harvested as I'll always keep it short just want hair in top and mostly a hairline so I can grow it out. 

What are some of your opinions? Being bald doesn't bother me but wouldn't mind having hair on top if it's possible. PXL_20221112_202156049_MP.thumb.jpg.5501f9172a22dd74c91c9adf4f721bcf.jpgPXL_20221112_202015801_MP.thumb.jpg.a81a8347931d16e7b02a84a5bcf8fd4f.jpg

PXL_20221112_201835031.jpg

PXL_20221112_201917755.MP.jpg

Hey mate,

You are norwood 6-7 with thin donor. You could take meds to see how your donor responds (oral minox, fin) but these hair would then be dependent on these meds.

As for the overharvesting, you would care if your donor is overharvested, especially if you cut it short it will look horrible and much worse than being bald.

To finish off, hair transplants have many risks, and if you dont mind being bald, dont do anything, especially with high norwood + poor donor.

• Like 2

Agree with others you look like you are NW6 or NW 7 territory. 

I think if you honestly will be satisfied as a NW4 or NW3, then yes you can proceed with this HT jourrney. Keep in mind that even just being a NW4 or NW3 will require multiple surgeries. 

I think looking like a NW1 is honestly a bit out of reach for you. Some guys in your shoes have done it, but you'll need like 3+ surgeries and they all must be 10/10 homeruns. 

But yea if you are just looking for a bit of improvement and honestly are ok with being bald and just want a bit more hair, I think you are still a candidate. 

Try contacting Eugenix, they recently put up a video on their YouTube channel where the individual underwent body hair extractions HT (thigh,belly,chest,etc) you'll have to keep the lenght of the hair as the length they're currently at on your body but, if you're hairy in those places. Ýou could possibly get a full head of hair, just do a low buzz hairstyle.

P.S.

As for the clinic, i was there 2 months ago for my transplant. Would do it again, should i need to...most likely won't need another HT though. 

You have a good head shape to rock a bald look but if you really want to go down the HT route the you first have to get onto medication for at least 18 months (example: 2.5mg oral Minoxidil + 0.5mg Finasteride daily).

Then you can reassess in 18 months. Your best bet imo would be Dr Pradeep from Eugenix. He would be the only person I'd trust in your situation. 

See Bandit's HT by Dr Pradeep https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63124-eugenix-march-2022-8183-grafts-2-surgeries-2500-bht/#comment-634510

Edited by mrmane85

I'm going to try foam Minoxidil just to see what happens. If it thickens my donor hair does that mean I'll have more available hair for a transplant? 

i believe my hair loss is unrelated to MPB as nobody in my hair has hair loss to my degree and i took steroids (testosterone) for a year and didn't experience any further hair loss

How old are you?

Caucasian blond hair in general will give less coverage effect, seems you're now NW5 with a some thin hair over middle scalp with a future pattern for at least NW6, you need to grow your hair for better estimation, I think you might can have low density result, not all candidates want this.

You also need to check you have enough donor for 2 procedures.

I had 3 HTs, my 1st experience was horrible by a hair mill that botched me very badly and overharveste my donor, trust me you would care a lot it this would've happen to you, it sounds the doctor you checked was ethical and realistic with you, because there's many unethical doctors and cheap hair mills that will give you broken promises that will do it to get your money no matter what.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

9 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

How old are you?

Caucasian blond hair in general will give less coverage effect, seems you're now NW5 with a some thin hair over middle scalp with a future pattern for at least NW6, you need to grow your hair for better estimation, I think you might can have low density result, not all candidates want this.

Hey mate,

I hear you saying that, but I have heard many surgeons state the absolute opposite? Blond hair on white skin has a very low hair to skin color contrast, one should expect to have a visually more dense result for blonde (http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/procedure-results/the-design/) caucasians?

Edited by davidn

1 minute ago, davidn said:

Hey mate,

I hear you saying that, but I have heard many surgeons state the absolute opposite? Blond hair on white skin has a very low hair to skin color contrast, one should expect to have a visually more dense result for caucasians?

Never met or heard a surgeon state that.

There's is few cases of a Caucasian blond candidates with very thick hair that will give impressive high density result, maybe these were the cases the surgeons, but never to say that all absolutely blond Caucasians are more than average candidate, a clinic must always give good reference results for every new candidate,  dark skin can give extra coverage effect with black hair.

This is example for a thick blond Caucasian candidate we had at HDC, he was NW6 and had 2 procedures with over 7000 grafts:

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

How old are you?

I had 3 HTs, my 1st experience was horrible by a hair mill that botched me very badly and overharveste my donor, trust me you would care a lot it this would've happen to you, it sounds the doctor you checked was ethical and realistic with you, because there's many unethical doctors and cheap hair mills that will give you broken promises that will do it to get your money no matter what.

I'm 30. I've had the same hair baldness for at least 3 years. I'd assume the steroids i took would've excelled it but they really didn't do anything but give me more body hair. I bought some minoxidil topical (impulse buy) but I'll probably return it.

5 hours ago, davidn said:

Hey mate,

I hear you saying that, but I have heard many surgeons state the absolute opposite? Blond hair on white skin has a very low hair to skin color contrast, one should expect to have a visually more dense result for blonde (http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/procedure-results/the-design/) caucasians?

Yes, I have heard surgeons say that too. Not related to hair thickness, but because of the lower contrast.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

How old are you?

Not sure this is entirely true regarding the blond hair will give less coverage. Dr Bisanga infact states the complete opposite to this. He said this on a recent video. 

• Like 1