Using aquaphor on your healing grafts?

I seen a hair restoration place suggest this yesterday. I can't recall so much which one as i was in quite a deep dive. To use aquaphor to aid in healing.

Anyone ever use this method.

Had my grafts put in on monday 11/7 so they are quite secure now. 

I seen also this from Northwest hair restoration. Using copper peptides to aid in wound healing. 

from the website

a spritz infused with copper peptides that aid in healing and help keep the area moisturized.

Anyone try this?

Scar is really sore today i had FUT procedure. Feels like someone pulling my hair as the scalp is much tighter.

• Administrators

Do not put anything on the grafts, they heal naturally, and adding anything could harm the grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you sir. That was exactly what i was worried about. I didn't do it yet. I been just spraying distilled water still on day 4 to try and slow the scabbing. I was pretty religious about doing it every 30 mins the first 48 hours. day 3 at night my scalp started to get first signs of being itchy. Today day 4 my scar & sutures are very sore.

• Moderators

You can use it on the donor area. It helps with itching and healing. Don't use it on the recipient area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.