Where to go in Turkey for first FUE?

Hello all,
I am from Germany and unfortunately there are no recommendable hair clinics in Germany.
Therefore, I have read up a bit and think that the clinics in Turkey offer good quality for little money. My budget is a maximum of 4,000 euros. I think I can forget about a hair transplant in Belgium, Spain or Switzerland.

But where to go in Turkey for the first transplant.
Some online portals are often full of fake reviews, so it is somewhat difficult for me to find a suitable clinic.

So far I have the following clinics from Turkey in the shortlist:
- Clinicana
- Dr. Emrah Cinik
- ASMED
- Cosmedica
- Dr. Serkan Aygin
- Capilclinic (also active in Spain and UK)
- Transes
- Dr. Bircan (current offering for 1.990.-CHF)

Is there a really recommendable clinic in this list? Of course I would like to have the best possible quality in Istanbul.

Or can you recommend a clinic that is not on this list?

Many thanks and greetings

Bro these are hair mills, you need to consider saving up more to get a better option. Yeh Dr Turan/Dr Gur or Dr Bicer are considerations in Turkey along with a few others, but you really need to be looking at as many results as possible. 
This question gets asked on the daily, 100s of similar threads, do plenty of research here. Plenty of actual real patient posting, yeh you’re right to be suspicious of online reviews, easy to game. At least here people are posting full journeys and you will see the same Drs/Clinics names been repeated that are doing good work. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the fast reply.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I just registered here and posted my question. I didn't look through the forums first, should have. 

Just in the last minutes I found many recommendations for hair clinics, especially here: 

My apologies for my newbie questions. A forum moderator could close/delete it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flashy said:

Thank you for the fast reply.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I just registered here and posted my question. I didn't look through the forums first, should have. 

Just in the last minutes I found many recommendations for hair clinics, especially here: 

My apologies for my newbie questions. A forum moderator could close/delete it.

Nah it’s all good, lookin at the pics it seems that you’re destined to end up a NW6, are you on a med regime. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If I were going to Turkey it would be Dr Bicer or Dr Demirsoy. They both do one surgery per day and are involved in the key parts of the process (or at least you have the option of their maximum involvement). There's lot of patient reviews on this and other forums of these two doctors.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, flashy said:

I have read up a bit and think that the clinics in Turkey offer good quality for little money. My budget is a maximum of 4,000 euros. I think I can forget about a hair transplant in Belgium, Spain or Switzerland.

No offense but this couldn't be further from the truth. Take some time looking on the forum for results that are in line with your goals from patients who have a similar hair loss to yourself. See who the surgeon is that is performing these results on a very high basis. If you can't afford it then save up and take your time. Also you have a lot of hair to lose still so consider finasteride, etc. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1

OP I understand people have limited budgets, and please understand I'm criticising your process rather than you personally.

BUT for the love of god, no one should ever be asking: 'What clinic should I go to in Turkey?'. 

Budgets aside it's crazy to limit yourself to one location. It's even CRAZIER if that one location is a place there 99% of HT clinics have a high chance of butchering, over-harvesting and leaving you with a horrifically unnatural hairline, and that's IF you're lucky enough for it to grow. These places routinely do rushed 5000 graft FUE's by untrained staff, ALL in a way to maximise profit against your best interests. How do they keep getting people? Advertising and Social media that's convince all these victims that Turkey is 'The best place to go'. PLEASE don't be one of those victims

COST and LOCATION are the two LAST aspects your need to focus on before finalising your choice.

Yes, there are a couple of skilled, ethical surgeons in Turkey, but if you end up going with them, it should NOT be BECAUSE they're in Turkey!

As @Gatsby mentioned above, do you your research and save up. You need to have have ZERO doubts in left in your mind before you finalise your choice. Ideally, you'd do this for at least a year.

It's also critical learn about treatment to prevent continued loss. From your pictures, you're on track to be at least a Norwood 6. This is advanced level of Baldness, 

Even with treatment, there's no guarantees you'll stop your hair loss for life. Only an ethical and skilled HT surgeon will provide a sensible, and balanced recommendation.

These surgeons are small minority sadly, and the sooner you know this the better.

I'm passionate about this because I've been a victim before, however I'm SO thankful it was only a small procedure. This gave me a second chance to go the right way,

Yesterday I had my repair surgery with an elite surgeon who mentioned the number of consultations he's had with people overharvested from Hairmills (not only in Turkey), who have broken down in tears from hearing the bitter reality that they cannot be fixed. It's terribly sad this has become the epidemic it has but please don't be one of them.

Ignore the advertising / Hype / Testimonials. Do this the smart way and your future self will thank you.

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 6

Probably one of the worst list of clinics you have there. I guarantee they’re all mills. HLC is a decent clinic, keser is good, but personally I’d just stay away from turkey as a whole.

save up and go to a decent clinic in Europe or North America so you don’t regret your decision forever 

• Like 5

Dear all,
I would like to thank you very much for your honest feedback!!! I am not offended by negative criticism.

I am a good example of what marketing on the web has a high influence on someone with no experience.

I am reading through the forum and may have already found a few better clinics for a hair transplant.

Turkey is now rather unappealing to me but the following clinics are supposed to be recommendable anyway: Dr. Bicer, FUEcapilar, HLC

In Europe, the following clinics are inexpensive and are said to achieve useful results: Dr. Bruno Pinto, Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Clínica Ximena Vila.

Is it true about Europe? If yes, then I would ask for a quote from these three clinics/doctors.

Thanks so much

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, flashy said:

Oh, I forgot a clinic from India called Eugenix. But I think this would be a too long travel time for me.

Which country would you be travelling from?

At the end of the day, it's just more time sitting on plane watching a movie or getting some sleep - if there's a clinic you want to speak with because you like their results and work, then I wouldn't worry about travel time too much unless it's really difficult due to work etc...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flashy said:

- Clinicana
- Dr. Emrah Cinik
- ASMED
- Cosmedica
- Dr. Serkan Aygin
- Capilclinic (also active in Spain and UK)
- Transes
- Dr. Bircan (current offering for 1.990.-CHF)

This is a trash list, unfortunately. A one-way ticket to getting botched. There's maybe a total of 3 decent doctors in Turkey and this isn't it. Beware that most European doctors (in fact, make that transplant doctors world-wide) are bad too. If you're in Germany, have you considered Hattengen (Swiss) or Pinto (Portugal)?

If you have to do less grafts due to price, it's better. Doing fewer well-placed grafts >>>>>>>>>> many badly placed ones.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

I went to a hair mill in Turkey called "Elithair" and am content with the results for the price (Something like 2400 Euro).  They actually have German branches I believe German men are the main clients.  It might be worth discussing a transplant with them but please be aware that it will be done by a tech team and if you went over you could have a completely different tech team than mine.

But just know your donor is not infinite, and if you get a botched transplant then it would cost more to fix it than it would if you went to a good clinic the first time.  Eugenix has high praise on this form for affordability and results.

image.png.4a5147cb79622857941a2362576d0304.png

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turkey has many good options to select. 

Good and safe budget options in Turkey to go to: Yaman, Gur, Turan, Demirsoy

more expensive and safe options in Turkey: Bicer, Pekiner, HLC, Keser. 

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, flashy said:

I‘m from Germany.

I just see the difference between the listed clinics above from Europe vs. India. It‘s quite a difference but I’m curious about the price in India.

Ok. So like I said, if you like the results from a given clinic and they fit your budget, then a few extra hours sitting on an aeroplane shouldn't really be a deal breaker to go to the right clinic. I'm saying you should go to India by the way - just saying that a bit of extra travel for the right clinic is something that is more likely to pay off 12 months after the surgery, and that's the main thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@OP - just to say we understand how you’re feeling. And many of us can also understand budgetary concerns. But we’ve also seen guys who went to a bad surgeon and then have months of anxiety on this forum because they had a bad job. 

It really is worth waiting longer to save more. BUT that doesn’t mean you should do nothing now. Most of the top surgeons have a waiting list of around, say 10 months. So you could pay a deposit now, wait for your time to come - use this wait time as an opportunity to save more, then pay the full (and increased amount that you’ve saved) a few weeks before the operation. 

I’ve seen some good results from Bircan online, but it’s so easy to spin things, only show good results while ignoring bad ones etc. A friend of mine went to Bircan - he only wanted a hair transplant but came back with a hair and beard transplant. They actually encouraged him to get a beard transplant while he was there (he’d never considered it before). In my opinion it looks a mess, you can even see the incisions on his face. To me, that speaks volumes of the ethics of these places. 

Conversely, Drs like Lorenzo in Spain, or Bisanga in Belgium, turn patients away if they’re not suitable, or insist on my conservative approaches (which give optimal long term results). These are the kind of doctors you want to pay your hard earned money for, ones that actually have ethics. I mean, they’re going to be operating on your literal head! Spend your money wisely. 

Best of luck mate. 

Personally OP i think it's better to stay on medication and save up for the right place and do the job properly. Even myself, in choosing Eugenix i had to work within my budget but i couldn't just go anywhere when i needed a complete temple point reconstruction. So i chose somewhere with a lot of experience in this area and did a lot of diligent research but even then, they had cases on this forum at the time which did cause some concern, but i felt they would strive to address that issue and ensure my result was also good. 

I have detailed all this in my review thread but even then, i have highlighted areas of concern and what my experience was which is to say perhaps not every choice is perfect, but it should be made with a long term view in mind when you are going to have to live with it for the rest of your life. 

@Gavinlee@NARMAK

thanks for asking about the status.

So I did a lot of research the last weeks and talked with different clinics.

What I can say is that I will stay away from Turkey. If I would pay ~5.000 € in Turkey and the result is bad then the 5k € would be a waste of money. And yes, the other clinics in Europe are much more expensive. I got offerings from UK and Belgium for around 10.000 - 18.000 €. 

I would much rather have doctors from Europe, but my budget simply does not allow it. I don't suffer that much psychologically from my hair loss. Friends and family advise me against surgery to support myself and my ego.
However, I am still waiting for offers from Spain and Portugal. Eugenix really does not make a bad impression but maybe instead of a hair transplant I should rather pay for a gym ;)

So I am still very unsure myself. The trigger for my research is possibly a divorce. I make myself with scarce 40 years again more thoughts about the appearance of myself. But whether it is worth it? Whether my ego needs to be strengthened so? I don't know.