Doctor recommendation in US - $$$ is not an issue

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

well I mean like when you are paying a doctor tens of thousands of dollars, you expect them to put in work. 

If you are paying a doctor $20k+ for 1 day's worth of work, they better work their a** off lol. 

No doubt. I was just trying to envision sitting there for 12 hours. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:06 AM, Vann said:

If you want the best money can buy for as little grafts used possible I think the best option is Konior.

in your case FUT would be an obvious choice given your hair loss pattern and  if you’re not on meds you might as well plan to be a nw7. That’s where FUT comes best in your play. At this point taking fin for you would only be to keep what you have and minimize future loss. 

at least your forelock seems to be strong so you could save some grafts and do touch ups in the future (another surgery—  probably 2 more). However, slow and steady in your case would be best. Perhaps address the front/mid scalp and address your crown and possibly some parts of your mid scalp after the first. You may lose more hair from the surgery, (shockloss) which may be worse in your case since you aren’t on medication. 

i won’t go into too much detail but I’m sure your doctor of choice will explain it all. 

also if you’re willing to go to other parts of NA. I would suggest H&W in Canada. They’re probably closest to koniors price but also put out very good results. 

Another one in the US is “Bloxham and Feller.”

Shock loss is just temporary and pretty common? 

On 11/3/2022 at 2:16 PM, DeadPoets said:

I think I was going to get on that once, but didn’t like the sex-related side effects that people warned about. Some even said it could have long term effects related to impotency.

The side effects are entirely possible - I had trouble getting it up after a month on finasteride. Luckily after I stopped mostly returned to normal, some don't recover

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:44 AM, Z-- said:

Konior. I have a very similar hair loss pattern to you, as the folks who I have passed my photo to will attest (strong front patch, but my crown is worse). Contrary to what some folks are saying, while Konior suggests using medication, he does not require finasteride. I'm about 4 months out, and I'm very happy with my experience (and growth so far).

I'd imagine he'd split your surgery into two. First pass for the frontal third and the second for the crown. good luck!

Sorry to hijack but do you mind posting your result mate? Would love to see another Konior result in the making

Edit: Also to add to the thread: the answer is Konior, if money isn't an issue, always Konior no matter where in the world you are.

If you remove price and only weigh experience, doctor involvement, artistry, surgical protocol and ethics, he scores 10/10 in all categories

Edited by botchedguy95
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can attest to Dr Konior, also.

I was going back and forth about the cost, but after going through it, I couldn't see myself going anywhere else.

His level of care is top notch.

He is so accessible. I annoyed the hell out of him with questions, and he'd fire back a return email extremely fast every time. You really get the sense that he cares about his patients. 

Plus, he is involved from the second you sit down to the very end, and is always in the room. He's extracting, planting, the whole lot.

His team is also wonderful, they called/emailed me each day after the surgery, and had me come in each day to clean and check over everything. I've seen some posts from top doc patients in which the person doesn't hear from the clinic for weeks post-surgery, this would have made me extremely unsettled.

And of course you have the results that are fantastic. 

Edited by HelpfulFriend