8 days after FUE. Wondering if MINOXIDIL, FINASTIRIDE, PRP and LASER can restore Crown area, or 2nd transplant needed after a year?

WillyP

Hey there HRSN! So I had a hair transplant 8 days ago and on the road to healing. 1st couple of days was not easy for sure! I would say the most painful part of everything is the local anaesthetic injections. Man.... I think my pain tolerance is fine but these injections were no joke!!

Anyway, I think I am healing quite nicely except for the donor area pain I am still experiencing. Hoping that will go in the next couple of days.

My question is, could it be possible for me to get the crown back with treatment that will include:

1. Rogaine Minoxidil twice a day
  2. Finastiride 1mg once a day
  3. PRP treatment twice a month for 6 months
  4. Laser Therapy once a month for 6 months
  5. Derma Roller twice or 3 times a week

I am going to keep my hair short as in the photos for the first 6 month and then will review and grow if needed.

Opinions and advice always welcome!

IMG_20221026_072557_edit_32985834258561.jpg

IMG_20221027_124442_edit_69514022021501.jpg

IMG_20221028_184808_edit_109201331844070.jpg

IMG_20221030_154909_edit_20429925499444.jpg

IMG-20221026-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20221029-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221029-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20221029-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221029-WA0016.jpg

Would be good to see some pics of your crown grown out/before you had your HT

Anyway, to answer your question 

Rogaine Minoxidil twice a day -

Proven and effective medication in regrowing hair when there are miniaturised hairs present. 5mg daily Oral minoxidil is also an option you could look into. 

Finastiride 1mg once a day -

Proven and effective medication in dramatically slowing down the miniaturisation process, and often times is able to regrow and thicken miniaturised hairs. Great when used in conjunction with minoxidil. An even more effective medication you may also wish to look into would be 0.5mg daily dutasteride. 

PRP treatment twice a month for 6 months

- Waste of time and money. . Potentially an ok option to use immediately Post hair transplant surgery to improve recovery of the scalp from the plasma rich healing properties. 

Laser Therapy once a month for 6 months

- Will do little to absolutely nothing

Derma Roller twice or 3 times a week 

- 1x every 10 days is the reportedly optimum frequency. 1.5mm needle

11 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Would be good to see some pics of your crown grown out/before you had your HT

Anyway, to answer your question 

Rogaine Minoxidil twice a day -

Proven and effective medication in regrowing hair when there are miniaturised hairs present. 5mg daily Oral minoxidil is also an option you could look into. 

Finastiride 1mg once a day -

Proven and effective medication in dramatically slowing down the miniaturisation process, and often times is able to regrow and thicken miniaturised hairs. Great when used in conjunction with minoxidil. An even more effective medication you may also wish to look into would be 0.5mg daily dutasteride. 

PRP treatment twice a month for 6 months

- Waste of time and money. . Potentially an ok option to use immediately Post hair transplant surgery to improve recovery of the scalp from the plasma rich healing properties. 

Laser Therapy once a month for 6 months

- Will do little to absolutely nothing

Derma Roller twice or 3 times a week 

- 1x every 10 days is the reportedly optimum frequency. 1.5mm needle

I would agree with all that.

One thing I'd like to add is that I feel they harvested pretty high up where I feel you're going to have loss if you don't stay on a dht blocker. Just something to consider. I think you'll get some crown regrowth with those meds but the crown will still be thin.