Only Choose One

I would go with Dr Konior. I think he has a strong and versatile list of cases from all Norwoods and hair types, and you maximize doctor involvement. I do think there are surgeons out there that are just as good as him, but you know for sure that with Konior you have experience, doctor involvement, and the skills for your case.

Close honorable mentions are H&W, Bisanga and Freitas

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

It really depends on how many grafts do you need, what hair loss pattern do you have, if you need front only or full head.

My preferences are from EU only since I live here and I followed mainly doctors from here.

Front: Couto, Freitas, Ferreira

Full head/diffuse: Bisanga, Mwamba, Zarev 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I would go with Dr Konior. I think he has a strong and versatile list of cases from all Norwoods and hair types, and you maximize doctor involvement. I do think there are surgeons out there that are just as good as him, but you know for sure that with Konior you have experience, doctor involvement, and the skills for your case.

Close honorable mentions are H&W, Bisanga and Freitas

Think you for the great explanation. I’d agree Konior is top notch as is all the recommendations but there is just something different about him. 

1 hour ago, Fabulous said:

It really depends on how many grafts do you need, what hair loss pattern do you have, if you need front only or full head.

My preferences are from EU only since I live here and I followed mainly doctors from here.

EU doctors are easily some of the greatest cases in hair restoration history. I’d agree with that list. Of the front(Cuoto, Freitas, Ferreira) do you have a favorite based off results or experience? They are all world class just curious because I see them all thrown around so much I didn’t know if there was one that stood up a little higher.

10 hours ago, Fabulous said:

You don't classify Bisanga as great for hairlines?

11 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Dr. Zarev. His work looks like literal magic; a dream; a fantasy; but the internet tells me he is supposedly real. So Zarev. 

I’ve heard his waiting time is 2 years. Literally insane. I do agree he is good. Some doctor claimed even though he is good his patients usually have some of the best donors in the world. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I’ve heard his waiting time is 2 years. Literally insane. I do agree he is good. Some doctor claimed even though he is good his patients usually have some of the best donors in the world. 

Yeah, seems like he is very very selective. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Which nothing wrong with that. The one case on this site is magnificent. What are your thoughts on Cuoto and De Freitas? One you like more than the other?

Not familiar with them, sorry. Will look into them at some point. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 6:22 AM, JoDimaggio22 said:

If you had to only pick one doctor in the world to have a hair transplant from or view cases from who would you choose and why? This is a big opinion based question because there are so many phenomenal doctors but who is your favorite?

Money no object and could be seen tomorrow, i think Dr Cuoto is probably who i would consider as he'd be near to the UK to travel to and being only a Norwood 2, i think he has amazing lower Norwood transformations. Albeit it does generally seem to be on individuals with slightly thicker hair and density than i was probably blessed with but it is what it is. 

That said, i don't think it's disparaging against the choice i did make and in the same situation i was, i don't think anybody else would have been the right fit other than Eugenix. 

• Like 1

Just now, NARMAK said:

Money no object and could be seen tomorrow, i think Dr Cuoto is probably who i would consider as he'd be near to the UK to travel to and being only a Norwood 2, i think he has amazing lower Norwood transformations. Albeit it does generally seem to be on individuals with slightly thicker hair and density than i was probably blessed with but it is what it is. 

That said, i don't think it's disparaging against the choice i did make and in the same situation i was, i don't think anybody else would have been the right fit other than Eugenix. 

Very true. Eugenix is great as is Cuoto. Do you think all those Spanish docs like Freitas are high quality?

5 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Having a good donor is only a piece of the puzzle. I had a good donor. Then I went and saw Lorenzo at his hair mill and he totally destroyed mine after only 2900 grafts (DM me for pics). Not to mention also gave me poor growth in the recipient.

extracting 10k grafts even from a top 1% donor requires lots of skill and patience to do correctly. The tools matter as well. Taking proper care of those grafts to ensure they survive requires strict protocols.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Having a good donor is only a piece of the puzzle. I had a good donor. Then I went and saw Lorenzo at his hair mill and he totally destroyed mine after only 2900 grafts (DM me for pics). Not to mention also gave me poor growth in the recipient.

extracting 10k grafts even from a top 1% donor requires lots of skill and patience to do correctly. The tools matter as well. Taking proper care of those grafts to ensure they survive requires strict protocols.

Very true. I would go to Dr Z in a heartbeat but it seems like communication isn’t great and the waiting is like 2 years for a consult and another 1-2 for procedure which is just long

1 minute ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Very true. I would go to Dr Z in a heartbeat but it seems like communication isn’t great and the waiting is like 2 years for a consult and another 1-2 for procedure which is just long

Would you prefer to get a quick surgery then be in line for years as a repair patient? (Speaking from experience)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Would you prefer to get a quick surgery then be in line for years as a repair patient? (Speaking from experience)

No… that is true. But I’m kinda leaning on a couple outside of Zarev that’s why I have been asking so much about thoughts on Dr De Freitas. I’m willing to wait the 1 year he has but 3-4 years seems long. I’m also considering Eugenix but don’t understand fully what they mean by crucial extraction is done by certain docs but the rest is techs?? Also have no idea what INR is for Dr Sethi 

17 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Very true. Eugenix is great as is Cuoto. Do you think all those Spanish docs like Freitas are high quality?

Personally and this is just my own subjective opinion, i think Dr De Freitas has hairlines that don't look as great to my eye. Others do praise him, but the results that i came across generally, there was something "off" about the way they looked. They looked more artificial to me and detectable i guess than some of the other top surgeons at times. I don't want to say his hairlines are exactly "pluggy" but i saw one result just from an image and i thought it was genuinely a Turkish hair mill the OP had gone to. 

Again, this is all my subjective opinion and others probably can show off some great results he has had. 

• Like 1

Just now, NARMAK said:

Personally and this is just my own subjective opinion, i think Dr De Freitas has hairlines that don't look as great to my eye. Others do praise him, but the results that i came across generally, there was something "off" about the way they looked. They looked more artificial to me and detectable i guess than some of the other top surgeons at times. I don't want to say his hairlines are exactly "pluggy" but i saw one result just from an image and i thought it was genuinely a Turkish hair mill the OP had gone to. 

Again, this is all my subjective opinion and others probably can show off some great results he has had. 

Ya his hairlines do look almost better than the patients hairline prior to Ht. Are his photos shopped at all or his hairlines are just that dense? 

4 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Ya his hairlines do look almost better than the patients hairline prior to Ht. Are his photos shopped at all or his hairlines are just that dense? 

I don't think it's necessarily photoshop but and this is just my experience, that clinics are not above manipulating the lighting and angles to show off the HT in the best possible way. This is why you get a lot of people saying how they feel that a lot of the results they come across, don't always fully represent the in person appearance. I don't feel like cameras always accurately convey things how you view them yourself and i can see this in even my own updates which i try to be candid about and add a paragraph or few explaining how it looks to me 

• Like 2

Just now, NARMAK said:

I don't think it's necessarily photoshop but and this is just my experience, that clinics are not above manipulating the lighting and angles to show off the HT in the best possible way. This is why you get a lot of people saying how they feel that a lot of the results they come across, don't always fully represent the in person appearance. I don't feel like cameras always accurately convey things how you view them yourself and i can see this in even my own updates which i try to be candid about and add a paragraph or few explaining how it looks to me 

I agree. It is that illusion of density type product being pushed. Of course not everyone is going to have the most densely packed results especially with the limited number of grafts available but ideally you want something that looks natural and like aging still happened to a degree. That’s the problem is there are so many docs of high quality out there but not everyone has Konior type money

There’s just too many great ones to choose just one.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

5 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I agree. It is that illusion of density type product being pushed. Of course not everyone is going to have the most densely packed results especially with the limited number of grafts available but ideally you want something that looks natural and like aging still happened to a degree. That’s the problem is there are so many docs of high quality out there but not everyone has Konior type money

Completely agree. I don't need movie star dense hair, just natural and dense enough so that:

1. I don't have to wear fibres

2. I can go outside without a hat and not feel self conscious

Just now, mrmane85 said:

Completely agree. I don't need movie star dense hair, just natural and dense enough so that:

1. I don't have to wear fibres

2. I can go outside without a hat and not feel self conscious

Yep. That’s why I’m interested in who everyone likes when it comes to those types of results!