Shock loss or overharvest? 1.5 month update - FUE - 2750 grafts - Turkey

exhibito

21 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I’m guessing you’re relatively young. If you have male pattern baldness then finasteride should seriously be considered.

In my case what benefit with fin help with specifically?

3 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Stopping/slowing your native hair from falling out. Otherwise you’ll need to keep chasing loss with surgery

I don't really have this problem preop. My issue was lowering the front hairline but I will consider it. I wonder if it would help with my donor?

10 hours ago, exhibito said:

I personally know someone who went there who's hair texture is similar to mine and he got near flawless results. But this was back in 2020.

Can you please post your pictures and how far long you are now?

To be clear mine looks horrible in direct light mostly. I'm also having some weird nerve issue where the scalp feels really sensitive. I don't know if this it normal?

I plan on going to Mwamba in Atlanta to fix it next year if it doesn't recover. When I contact HoI they make it seem like it's completely normal but my gut tells me otherwise. I feel like it's not. 

I getting close to 2 months. Here is another pic from today:

Screenshot_20221027-134239_Gallery.jpg.64aae1f1c8e146b0a04c1704f06761c1.jpg

I went there early december of 2020 and it was a clear botch, poor growth and bad scarring had 2500 grafts and the next doc i went to said maybe 800 survived max it got me really depressed especially when i had no hair loss and only needed 1-2cm lowering for high hairline.

I had another transplant from an actual surgeon and am at 6 months, i am still not 100% happy with my donor and my recipient might need more work so am looking into stuff like BHT and SMP when i should have been a really easy and straightforward case to work on, i would get emotional thinking about it but now there is little good in me looking back but i still wish nothing but the worst for hoi and anyone affiliated with them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mmokin said:

I went there early december of 2020 and it was a clear botch, poor growth and bad scarring had 2500 grafts and the next doc i went to said maybe 800 survived max it got me really depressed especially when i had no hair loss and only needed 1-2cm lowering for high hairline.

I had another transplant from an actual surgeon and am at 6 months, i am still not 100% happy with my donor and my recipient might need more work so am looking into stuff like BHT and SMP when i should have been a really easy and straightforward case to work on, i would get emotional thinking about it but now there is little good in me looking back but i still wish nothing but the worst for hoi and anyone affiliated with them

Can you please post your pics of link to them. I'm so sorry to hear that

8 hours ago, exhibito said:

I don't really have this problem preop. My issue was lowering the front hairline but I will consider it. I wonder if it would help with my donor?

It wont help your donor unless you were actively balding, your donor will look better around month 4 and depending how long you keep your hair wont be an issue 

Just now, exhibito said:

Can you please post your pics of link to them. I'm so sorry to hear that

You can see my profile on this website i honestly dont plan on reposting anymore pictures, you can see my result on reddit also

2 minutes ago, mmokin said:

You can see my profile on this website i honestly dont plan on reposting anymore pictures, you can see my result on reddit also

I just saw it on Reddit. Does it have any improvement since then?

Just now, exhibito said:

I just saw it on Reddit. Does it have any improvement since then?

No at 12 months you cant expect anything new, im at 6 months right now from the second surgery so will make a post on the result after 2-4 months so i can be close to final result

Its not just me i had over a dozen people share there hoi experience with me privately in DMs, snapchat etc some just gave up and others had a comeback going to surgeons like diep etc

Alot of people are for some reason fanboys of hoi and will call you out for any critiscm after a while i stopped caring about posting anything more on them and thought that anyone researching well will see my posts and avoid them.

Btw they work REALLY hard to remove bad reviews, mass flagging them etc.

In fact i only got a refund because of a review

Your best bet is to contact a hair transplant surgeon, a good one, who will be able to determine if you have shock loss or not. 

Shock loss only happens when hair are pulled from a miniaturizing donor zone or extractions are done to close together. Since you only had your hairline lowered and some temple work, I don't think they would have needed to pull so many grafts. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2022 at 4:46 AM, exhibito said:

Hello, 

I am 7 weeks post op from Turkey, I did a simple hair line lowering and temple work, about lower 1.5cm, the left side of my donor is mostly healed I would say about 7/10, but the right side is concerning me greatly. I suspect too much grafts have been taken out or shock loss? I did not get this shock loss on the left side, on the right side, the hairs are growing like baby hairs and it looks like there is no density there at all. Just wondering if I should panic or if its part of the process. 

To be honest, In hindsight,  didn't think my clinic needed 2700 grafts for this work, they reinforced my hairline which was about a Norwood 2 and added to my sideburns, temple area, so the transplanted hair could "blend" in properly I didn't think I needed any sideburn work and they didn't explain this properly to me. 

Here are my 7 weeks post-op pics, is this concerning overharvesting? I am not taking any medication, when I sent these pics to my clinic they mentioned this is part of normal process, that they have seen "worse". Since I was adamant, they recommended using two bottles of Rogaine - Minoxidil, my understanding is that once i start minox I become depended on it, so I have not done that. Is this OK?

Prior to procedure, my right side is usually a bit lower density and grows slower.  Procedure was done 2750 grafts on Sep 7. If all else fails, I will buzz to guard 1, or shave off until I can repair with Dr Mwamba, which I probably should have gone to in the first place.

All pics below are depicting the same right-side troublesome donor area that is not growing properly.

7 months post op:

UrFBERr.png.c3a2f978c3ed503ceb6e3b6197790cc7.pngvcjXnmn.png.ad4c24c55959a7c26e47f81fea1edd8f.pngE40hIRp.png.af59f9460fee7a6521659776d4e1cd97.png

5 weeks post op:

799296529_ScreenShot2022-10-25at22_37_08.png.0229bab6af8d18bc1c5850e1a504eaff.png

1262974339_WhatsAppImage2022-10-10at11_20_31PM.thumb.jpeg.51539596d82c0e4fe945d776995a0c60.jpeg

1.5 weeks post op:

22836960_ScreenShot2022-10-25at22_40_34.thumb.png.f6562fc8f9eec02828cd3db134513611.png

Hey did, how have things progressing? I’m 2 months post op and I’m a bit concerned. Did you donor grow out healthy in the end? How long are you able to grow it out? Any updated pictures you’d be nice to see. Thank you 🙏🏾 

I had shock loss from both of my procedures. Took about 4 months to look normal again. Might be too early to tell in your case.