"If a hematoma develops, it can affect graft survival in the affected area"

This is a quote of Dr. Lorenzo.

While this sounds so logical, I think it's not discussed/mentioned enough. 

I feel like if you have a hematoma (even a small 1X1 centimeter, or simply 30-40 grafts which have a lot of blood/clot around them) - it looks to me like in majority of cases you can kiss those follicles goodbye 🤕

• Like 2

“Hematomas” shouldn’t even develop in the first place. If they do, it’s because crude/wrong tools are used or technique is bad

Lorenzo throws around stupid terminology such as “fibrin” which is actually just serous fluid. What he refers to as a “hematoma” is a nice way of saying necrosis. It’s not patient physiology. If this were such a huge issue you’d see all of the top docs talking about this phenomenon.

I’ve seen several of his patients get necrosis and have poor growth. I suspect it’s because he only uses one tool (implanter pen) and tries to implant at too high of densities which compromises the tissue. In reality, a surgeon needs several tools at their disposal and must align the correct tools with the needs of each patient. There is no one size fits all implanter tool.

he even has a video posted showing all of his “hematomas” with poor growth. This is just what he showcases, there’s plenty more (4 surgeries per day, 4 days a week).

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wow. That video really bothers me. It's obvious that they are implanting too dense and not leaving any room around the grafts for blood flow. They show numerous cases of their own where the patient gets poor growth because of it and yet they continue to do it. Why? They then have to go back and retransplant the areas to fix them. It's obvious that these patients would have gotten better growth if they had less grafts transplanted and they would not have needed to go back for a fix and use up even more grafts. Why would a clinic continue to do this?? And worse yet... why would they make a video showing the world how bad they are?

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Wow. That video really bothers me. It's obvious that they are implanting too dense and not leaving any room around the grafts for blood flow. They show numerous cases of their own where the patient gets poor growth because of it and yet they continue to do it. Why? They then have to go back and retransplant the areas to fix them. It's obvious that these patients would have gotten better growth if they had less grafts transplanted and they would not have needed to go back for a fix and use up even more grafts. Why would a clinic continue to do this?? And worse yet... why would they make a video showing the world how bad they are?

Exactly, this is what I experienced. Lorenzo implanted 55+ grafts on average for me and I got about 50% yield. The more grafts implanted = more $. Top that with 4 patients per day, then we see that this is the most expensive hair mill out there and the doctors main interest is to squeeze out as much profit as he can.

trust me, I’ve spoken to several patients besides myself that ended up going elsewhere to get repaired. Lorenzo refers to these failed cases as “needing touchups” when in fact they need REPAIRS as now the next doctor is implanting into compromised and scarred tissue.

even his sister (who is his patient coordinator) let me know before my procedure that many patients come back for “touch ups.” This shouldn’t be happening if you’re implanting at 50+ grafts/cm