Can anyone explain what went wrong here?

Xanadu

This guy is a higher NW candidate, who was done by Eugenix (like Karl and many other higher NW patients). However, while the front third looks fine, the crown looks like only a few coarse, grey beard hairs managed to actually grow there. 

It looks pretty good in pictures, but when we seem him combing his own hair, not so much.

What happened? I know the crown is called the black hole for grafts, but Eugenics has some other cases where they managed to give high NW guys good density crowns.

Edited by Xanadu

• Administrators

Karl has had multiple surgeries, this guy had one. That’s what happened, look at @Bandit90 he had a fantastic first surgery, but the crown wasn’t addressed. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Also worth noting that the OP head shape would have likely provided a challenge as it appears larger than average. For example he has had roughly the same amount of grafts as me, however was unable to get full coverage within 8k grafts. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 12:05 AM, 5BetaReductase said:

This is why beard hairs need to be mixed with scalp hairs. You can’t just place beard grafts in the back and expect it to look good

Where is it said that they only used beard hair on the scalp though? Almost certainly that's not the case; Eugenix knows beard hair must be mixed with scalp and not be placed directly on the crown only.

56 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Where is it said that they only used beard hair on the scalp though? Almost certainly that's not the case; Eugenix knows beard hair must be mixed with scalp and not be placed directly on the crown only.

I’ve seen cases where a majority of beard grafts are used and it does not match at all. I won’t link the user or thread because I don’t want to put an individual on blast but if you do your own search I’m sure you will find it.

• Like 1