Hey buddy. My clinic did not have me wash my head at all until day 7 however I do see a lot of other clinics on here recommending to wash your head earlier than that. You should be very gently washing the scalp with the instructions that your doctor gave you and allow the scabs to come off without forcing them off. It usually takes several washes to get the scabs off. I waited a week to wash my head and it still took 2 washes to get off 99% of the scabs. Don’t worry just go slow and the scabs will come off! If after 10 days they still aren’t off, you should contact your doctor to inquire what to do.

Hi, I would send pics to your surgeon ASAP.

The scabs in the centre are concerning me slightly, as they look a bit like necrosis.  

• Like 1

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I recommend reaching out to your doctor as well. None of us can give medical advice, so don't panic - but the dark color of the scabs is definitely worth your doctor's input. 

For typical scabs, we always recommend that by Day 5, you start letting the shampoo suds sit on your scalp for 10 minutes or so to help loosen them up so they wash away easier. (Every surgeon has different protocol for how to handle scabs, so also feel free to get your doctor's input on this.)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I still had some scabbing at Day 10. Think by day 12 all had come off.

Every Dr has a different process so it’s important to stick to what you’ve been told. Everyone also heals at different paces so don’t get too worked up it’s normal

My Dr for eg had me applying lotion from day 3 for 1 hour to loosen scabs before light washing . But I know some Dr won’t advise you to wash until day 10. So again it’s important to listen to your Dr