Suitable shampoo after hair transplant - hospital wants silly money

Hi all

The hospital wants to change me for expensive supplements and shampoo which I don't want to pay for as I don't feel it's necessary.

What's a suitable shampoo for right after the transplant?   Is organic natural baby shampoo ok?  Or I have a shampoo soap that is made from shea butter, aloe vera and other oils.

Thanks

P.S I noticed new users seem to have a strict daily post limit that even applies to DMs.   Is that normal?

6 minutes ago, Mrsmith2 said:

Hi all

The hospital wants to change me for expensive supplements and shampoo which I don't want to pay for as I don't feel it's necessary.

What's a suitable shampoo for right after the transplant?   Is organic natural baby shampoo ok?  Or I have a shampoo soap that is made from shea butter, aloe vera and other oils.

Thanks

P.S I noticed new users seem to have a strict daily post limit that even applies to DMs.   Is that normal?

Don’t pay for this extra nonsense! Absolutely nothing wrong with Johnson’s (other brands are also available 😂) Baby shampoo, and some people will Nizarol sooner or later. 
Save your cash bro! 

9 minutes ago, Mrsmith2 said:

Hi all

Thanks

I believe it’s 6 posts for new members? Build up you’re posts etc and it will change.

1 hour ago, Pbaird98 said:

Don’t pay for this extra nonsense! Absolutely nothing wrong with Johnson’s (other brands are also available 😂) Baby shampoo, and some people will Nizarol sooner or later. 
Save your cash bro! 

Do you think this attached shampoo soap bar would be ok?

IMG-20221021-WA0007.jpg

Should be fine, as long as you don't scrub your sensitive scalp with those bars. 

But as our fellow colleagues stated, 'magic' shampoos are utter bollocks, take it from me, I've tried most during my early panic and denial years. Post HT I've been using Head & Shoulders without issue and after about a year, I'll re-introduce Nizoral 2% once a week, as it may offer some results in lessening scalp DHT concentration. Once per week if you don't suffer from any scalp conditions should be more than enough.

Don't waste any money on magic trash shampoos. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, StillAlive said:

Should be fine, as long as you don't scrub your sensitive scalp with those bars. 

But as our fellow colleagues stated, 'magic' shampoos are utter bollocks, take it from me, I've tried most during my early panic and denial years. Post HT I've been using Head & Shoulders without issue and after about a year, I'll re-introduce Nizoral 2% once a week, as it may offer some results in lessening scalp DHT concentration. Once per week if you don't suffer from any scalp conditions should be more than enough.

Agreed.   I have bad sebehorric dermatitis flaire ups on my scalp so need to use Nizoral for that anyway.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, StillAlive said:

Agreed.   I have bad sebehorric dermatitis flaire ups on my scalp so need to use Nizoral for that anyway.

Immediately following the transplant, you just wanna make sure you're using something very gentle - so a baby shampoo would be great. There's no need to break the bank buying a gimmicky shampoo. (And no shampoo is going to "regrow your hair", fyi. Many of us learn that the hard and expensive way. Lol) 

That's not to say that all expensive shampoos are bad/dishonest, but they're definitely not a necessity. Keeping it simple and using a gentle while your scalp heals post-op is the most important part. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor

Baby shampoo is fine. In fact any shampoo that you feel is best for your hair. I didn't wash my hair for the first couple of months because my scalp was so damn dry. Anything I used just made it worse. It was really only at month three onwards that I began to use Nizoral and other shampoo. All the best.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:10 PM, Mrsmith2 said:

he hospital wants to change me for expensive supplements and shampoo which I don't want to pay for as I don't feel it's necessary.

Don't pay!