Have we discussed about Verteporfin here? What do you all think about it? Apparently it could lead to unlimited donor hair

• DriveByShooter changed the title to Have we discussed about Verteporfin here? What do you all think about it? Apparently it could lead to unlimited donor hair

There's a full thread about this and study being run by a doctor. My personal feeling is it isn't going to be revolutionary as regrowing all your donor hair or a majority. I would say at best and being optimistic it will regrow probably no more than 15% of hair and the primary benefit will be in scar healing to be less white dots and more pigmented to help blend in. The cost for that will be up in the air but likely not cheap. 

I think it's going to be useful if it's not too expensive as an add on for HT patients but the limited scope of the study makes it hard to really see how it may benefit most people too. Although it holds some promise. 

41 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

There's a full thread about this and study being run by a doctor. My personal feeling is it isn't going to be revolutionary as regrowing all your donor hair or a majority. I would say at best and being optimistic it will regrow probably no more than 15% of hair and the primary benefit will be in scar healing to be less white dots and more pigmented to help blend in. The cost for that will be up in the air but likely not cheap. 

I think it's going to be useful if it's not too expensive as an add on for HT patients but the limited scope of the study makes it hard to really see how it may benefit most people too. Although it holds some promise. 

28 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

What do you think of this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/y5ltve/verteporfin_day_119_update_donor_hair/

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DriveByShooter said:

This is a thread that directly links back to here. We’re hosting the official thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.