how much grafts would this be?

48 minutes ago, fadedbyadubie said:

oh wow, i think the minimum number of grafts i can get at the place im going to is around 2k for $9,000 so i might get atleast 1500 or something and make the line a bit lower

Think about the future. You may lose more hair as you age, requiring more transplanted hair higher up. You don't want to go unnaturally low with a hairline. It's best to choose a hairline that will still look proper and natural in your 30s-50s. Your current situation is a very small job; no more than 1000-1500 grafts. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, general-etwan said:

Think about the future. You may lose more hair as you age, requiring more transplanted hair higher up. You don't want to go unnaturally low with a hairline. It's best to choose a hairline that will still look proper and natural in your 30s-50s. Your current situation is a very small job; no more than 1000-1500 grafts. 

Edited by fadedbyadubie

7 minutes ago, fadedbyadubie said:

yea that would be great i just wish the minimum price wasn’t $9,000. i truthfully wanted to just get around 600 grafts but ive heard gabel in oregon is rlly good (the doctor i want to go to) and i want it to be well done, even if i have a slightly lower hairline with more grafts. honestly i think since my hairline is naturally slightly high, it will look normal, especially since i have kinda faded temporal points, if that makes sense

edit: honestly the 9k might be more around 1.5k grafts since the doctor didn’t actually tell me the $/graft since it depends on quite a few things. i was just making an educated guess (which would be good in this case)

I paid $1.45 per graft for my HT and got a world class team. It can be done. I would never pay $9k for a 1,500 graft procedure. If you tell yourself you're okay with traveling a bit to make it less expensive overall, you can definitely not throw away so much money. I would say keep looking and keep an open mind. That said, if you have $9k to spend like it's a few pennies sitting in your room, by all means that's your move to make.

Edited by general-etwan

11 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

I paid $1.45 per graft for my HT and got a world class team. It can be done. I would never pay $9k for a 1,500 graft procedure. If you tell yourself you're okay with traveling a bit to make it less expensive overall, you can definitely not throw away so much money. I would say keep looking and keep an open mind. That said, if you have $9k to spend like it's a few pennies sitting in your room, by all means that's your move to make.

its more of a mental thing, i would ofc want to pay less, but i dont want to travel after getting a transplant, ppl seeing it, along w everyone around me knowing about it, etc. based on my schedule now, i see family about once a couple months, and i can push it out a bit when i get my transplant. honestly, my hair looks fine when its down so i doubt anyone will notice, along with friends. i mainly just want to be discreet and since i have the money to do so, and it feels like a pretty simple process, ill likely get one in the U.S.

also: my hairline has been my biggest insecurity so like its worth it for me yk, i honestly first thought it was too cheap to get rid of such a worry. so really it just depends on how much u value it and ofc convenience etc

Edited by fadedbyadubie
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, fadedbyadubie said:

oh wow, i think the minimum number of grafts i can get at the place im going to is around 2k for $9,000 so i might get atleast 1500 or something and make the line a bit lower

That's a bad way of planning surgery which is permanent for MPB which is progressive over the lifespan. In fact going by those tow pics if you only need 1,000 grafts I would question having surgery at all. Can I ask how old you are and are you taking any medication for your hair loss? All the best.

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

That's a bad way of planning surgery which is permanent for MPB which is progressive over the lifespan. In fact going by those tow pics if you only need 1,000 grafts I would question having surgery at all. Can I ask how old you are and are you taking any medication for your hair loss? All the best.

23, taking meds for about 5 years and it hasn’t gotten worse, i’m actually still seeing small improvements.

and i understand its progressive but i’m alr w using all my grafts up from the back if it comes to it.

• Moderators

I didn't see a graft price on Dr Gabel's web site, but I'm thinking $9000 would get you in the 1200 to 1500 grafts range which is around what you need,so you should be OK.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

I didn't see a graft price on Dr Gabel's web site, but I'm thinking $9000 would get you in the 1200 to 1500 grafts range which is around what you need,so you should be OK.

great! yea that works then. i just wanted to get the most out of my money, thanks