From Fin to Dut?

Hairy Henderson

HT 17 yrs ago (2k in frontal third w/ Hasson, FUT)

Went onto Fin the same time and it has held relatively steady.  Over 17 yrs I have noticed a slight thinning or loss in my frontal zone where I had my HT, but, crown has remained.

No minox as I thought Fin was doing the job.

So the past 3-4 weeks I have noticed hairs in the shower and a little more thinning.  As I said, it's been relatively stable the past 17yrs, so, I am kinda shocked right now.

NOTE: I had Covid twice and am going through a nasty divorce, so stress has been quite present

Should I switch to Dut?  Should I get on oral minox?  What about sheds?  Did those with no sides on Fin get sides on Dut?

Thoughts appreciated.

1 hour ago, Calihome1 said:

Just got my pics from H&W from 2005, when I had my HT.  Didn’t realize, I definitely lost some of the native hair around my transplanted hair.

Guess I need to jump on Dut ASAP

Post the pics if you don't mind. Preferably the ones from 2005 along with some current ones. Always interesting to see the process over time. 

The below link is me from 6-9 mos ago.  But pics are from H&W just before pre-op in 2005.  I kind of feel like I have lost a little in the front in the past month or so.  It's really recently where I have noticed hairs in the shower.  It seems like over the years, slowly, I have lost the natives in the frontal third.

Is it possible my HT hairs are falling out?  

DSCN5306.JPG

DSCN5301.JPG

DSCN5300.JPG

DSCN5297.JPG

DSCN5298.JPG

DSCN5299.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:02 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

If you had zero sides from fin you should have zero sides on Dut. 

Frankly i think more doctors should just prescribe Dut from The get go. 

The drug mechanisms for fin and dut are basically the same. 

Then wouldn't that mean that Dut is essentially no more effective than Finasteride?

On 12/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, webathon said:

Then wouldn't that mean that Dut is essentially no more effective than Finasteride?

Doctor knudsen, who is insanely smart (mediocre ht surgeon though according to some members here) won't just willy nilly prescribe dutasteride since it blocks all dht and, they do not know what other uses DHT is needed for our body, it might have some important functions that they don't know about, and there aren't enough studies to safely prove it doesn't.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:19 AM, Calihome1 said:

What are your opinions on Hasson not commenting on recommending Dut?  Seems odd.

Probably because it’s a more effective medication than his new topical formulas. 

Have you decided what you’re doing yet ? 

8 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Probably because it’s a more effective medication than his new topical formulas. 

Have you decided what you’re doing yet ? 

I’m holding off on Dut for another couple of months.  I want to see if the shedding is TE from my Covid infection.  The timeline of TE from Covid matches up, from what I’ve read, so I want to give it a chance to pass

14 hours ago, Henry said:

Doctor knudsen, who is insanely smart (mediocre ht surgeon though according to some members here) won't just willy nilly prescribe dutasteride since it blocks all dht and, they do not know what other uses DHT is needed for our body, it might have some important functions that they don't know about, and there aren't enough studies to safely prove it doesn't.

The drug has been around since 1993 and approved by the FDA for medical use in 2001. It's even approved in South Korea and Japan for the use of hairloss. 

21 minutes ago, webathon said:

The drug has been around since 1993 and approved by the FDA for medical use in 2001. It's even approved in South Korea and Japan for the use of hairloss. 

approved for enlarged prostate, but not hair loss.  why?