Anti lice shampoo 3 months after transplant

Kids in my family have lice and the pharmacy recommended to do a (preventative) treatment for all family members, including me. There are leave-in products which need to be washed out with regular shampoo after one hour, or straight up anti lice shampoos. Anyone know if they are ok to use 3.5months after my FUE procedure? Baby hairs are just coming thru, don’t want to ruin anything… will also contact doc but unlikely to get a reply during the weekend and want to treat asap if possible…

thanks for your advice. 

Use a nit comb on wet hair to check if you actually have head lice first.  Only treat if you do.  

I would probably be inclined to use a dimethicone based treatment as it basically just coats the lice and suffocates them, as opposed to a pesticide.  

• Thanks 1

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I don't think there'd be any risk with this. The grafts are completely anchored and secure after the first two weeks at the latest, and I don't think any sort of treatment would harm them. Hopefully you got a definitive answer from your doc, but I can't see why it'd be an issue.

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56