Date is set with Eugenix! (flying from the US)- a few questions!!

Hey all,

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO anxious and nervous about this. This is my first HT procedure. 

Joined these forums during covid before all the hype of Eugenix started and had my eye on them from the beginning.

A little background

-Hair loss stage: NW6

I never really kept track of my hair loss and never really cared for my hair. Was never on any medication. I maybe applied Rogaine once or twice literally(wasted the whole bottle by not using it). I was just not very educated on restoring hair and never really did any research about it.

I always have been told from the age of 26-27 that I was losing hair and was recommended at the age of 27-28 to use Rogaine. At that moment, I brushed it off and said if I need to, I'll just get a hair transplant. So the idea of having one has always been on my mind, just never knew the science behind it or how scammy the industry can be.

Fast forward to 2018-2019, one of my uncles did a whopping 10k grafts from some guy in India for $1/graft, and claimed to have done celebrities there. I was excited and wanted to do the same. I got quoted the same 10k grafts by him as well lol.. which is funny thinking about it now. I was focused on doing the HT surgery with him. Then covid started and I found this forum.

I started reading on results, and then I thought to myself why am I restricting myself to just Mumbai (which is where the guy is located in, and my family as well). Being of Indian origin, I thought why don't I open myself to all of India for the best Indian doctors, and that's when I stumbled upon Eugenix w/ Dr. Sethi & Bansal. After watching countless videos from JT and Matt Dominance on YT about Eugenix, I said ok! this is it.

During this time two of my uncles were considering HTs but in Turkey because it was cheap and included a holiday lol they thought I was silly and overdoing my research about it.

Eh, like I told them.. If my HT is a failure, I'll kick myself if its done in turkey but ill be fine if its done in india because it was my choice and after I did my research.

ok, now that I got that out of the way, I got my emedical visa approved, and dates set for mid nov.

have a few questions I hope some of you can help me with.

My flight back is Business class, and its for a total of 16 hrs.

-What would I need to do while in plane?

-Heard you have to keep spraying your grafts, do you also spray your donor?

-Are you allowed past security with it?

-What kind of pain can I expect post surgery?

-Does your scalp feel a tingly sensation or do you have an itch to scratch it?

-Any shampoo I should use prior?

-How often should I use shampoo post?

-What kind of clothes should I pack? What should I wear on surgery day/post? flight back?

-Do you get stares (specifically for non-foreigners)?

-Best advice you wish you got when you did your HT?

- One thing you did that you wish you had known about prior to your HT?

TIA all! so excited!!!

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

6 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Be bored. If it’s your first time flying, be scared as well.

16 hours is a lot. I flew only 4 hours ( 2 hours going and 2 hours return trip ) and I hated it. 

There’s nothing to do but waiting and waiting. I can’t sleep easily outside my home and my bedroom so while everyone slept, I was bored out of my mind. No internet either.

Not what you wanted to hear but I hate flying. Then there’s the fear of flying itself when landing and taking off is the scariest ever, and it’s not smooth. 

If you like flying then your experience might be different. But I don’t know anyone who likes sitting for that long. I was in business class by the way. 

• Like 1

Just now, LookMaxx said:

Be bored. If it’s your first time flying, be scared as well.

16 hours is a lot. I flew only 4 hours ( 2 hours going and 2 hours return trip ) and I hated it. 

There’s nothing to do but waiting and waiting. I can’t sleep easily outside my home and my bedroom so while everyone slept, I was bored out of my mind. No internet either.

Not what you wanted to hear but I hate flying. Then there’s the fear of flying itself when landing and taking off is the scariest ever, and it’s not smooth. 

If you like flying then your experience might be different. But I don’t know anyone who likes sitting for that long. I was in business class by the way. 

Oh I love flying! So Im not too concerned about that.. I was just curious if people get up and keep spraying their donor/grafts in the bathroom every couple of hours or something.. lol Not really sure the process behind that.

Nov 16, 2022

1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Oh I love flying! So Im not too concerned about that.. I was just curious if people get up and keep spraying their donor/grafts in the bathroom every couple of hours or something.. lol Not really sure the process behind that.

Hey,

I strongly, strongly recommend you wait a little bit for your return flight, preferably 10 days so you can be sure your grafts are secure. Here are the reasons why:

1) As a norwood 6 you can potentially anticipate massive swelling. Meaning, black eyes swollen shut, huge forehead, swollen mouth. This is normal in some patients (it happened to me and I was also a high norwood with 4000+ graft procedure). 

I would be in no condition to travel during this time, as I was also experiencing a light fever, body aches, and generally feeling very tired. It was essential that I took the full 10 days to recover from my transplant, and I want to an elite surgeon as well. 

2) It is easier to bump your head than you think, particularly in crowded quarters like an airplane. In the early stages it is absolutely essential you do not bump your head, as you will lose grafts it this happens. 

3) Out of principle, there is no need to rush this. If you have already planned this huge trip, are ready to spend a large amount of money to get this right, play it safe and stay in a hotel for another week to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Hey all,

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO anxious and nervous about this. This is my first HT procedure. 

Joined these forums during covid before all the hype of Eugenix started and had my eye on them from the beginning.

A little background

-Hair loss stage: NW6

I never really kept track of my hair loss and never really cared for my hair. Was never on any medication. I maybe applied Rogaine once or twice literally(wasted the whole bottle by not using it). I was just not very educated on restoring hair and never really did any research about it.

I always have been told from the age of 26-27 that I was losing hair and was recommended at the age of 27-28 to use Rogaine. At that moment, I brushed it off and said if I need to, I'll just get a hair transplant. So the idea of having one has always been on my mind, just never knew the science behind it or how scammy the industry can be.

Fast forward to 2018-2019, one of my uncles did a whopping 10k grafts from some guy in India for $1/graft, and claimed to have done celebrities there. I was excited and wanted to do the same. I got quoted the same 10k grafts by him as well lol.. which is funny thinking about it now. I was focused on doing the HT surgery with him. Then covid started and I found this forum.

I started reading on results, and then I thought to myself why am I restricting myself to just Mumbai (which is where the guy is located in, and my family as well). Being of Indian origin, I thought why don't I open myself to all of India for the best Indian doctors, and that's when I stumbled upon Eugenix w/ Dr. Sethi & Bansal. After watching countless videos from JT and Matt Dominance on YT about Eugenix, I said ok! this is it.

During this time two of my uncles were considering HTs but in Turkey because it was cheap and included a holiday lol they thought I was silly and overdoing my research about it.

Eh, like I told them.. If my HT is a failure, I'll kick myself if its done in turkey but ill be fine if its done in india because it was my choice and after I did my research.

ok, now that I got that out of the way, I got my emedical visa approved, and dates set for mid nov.

have a few questions I hope some of you can help me with.

My flight back is Business class, and its for a total of 16 hrs.

-What kind of clothes should I pack? What should I wear on surgery day/post? flight back?

-Best advice you wish you got when you did your HT?

- One thing you did that you wish you had known about prior to your HT?

TIA all! so excited!!!

I literally came back to North America yesterday from Eugenix yesterday. I made this account specifically for your questions

Bring book, movies, Ipads, Games, etc.

Just spray the grafts every 2hrs. Once you're sleeping. No need to wake up every 2hrs to do it. 

Yes, passed security with the 100ml spray bottle on carry on. All tablets and cream were placed in the check in bag

Post surgery has 0 pain. Pills are given to drink 3 times a day. 

I shampoo once for the headwash as today is my 7th day

Wear open button shirt is mandatory on and after surgery. The rest is up to you. 

No stares, super friendly people especially at the hotels,  you may find a lot of flirty women/smiling faces 

Stay there until day 7 so they do the first headwash. 

N/A

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Hey,

I strongly, strongly recommend you wait a little bit for your return flight, preferably 10 days so you can be sure your grafts are secure. Here are the reasons why:

1) As a norwood 6 you can potentially anticipate massive swelling. Meaning, black eyes swollen shut, huge forehead, swollen mouth. This is normal in some patients (it happened to me and I was also a high norwood with 4000+ graft procedure). 

I would be in no condition to travel during this time, as I was also experiencing a light fever, body aches, and generally feeling very tired. It was essential that I took the full 10 days to recover from my transplant, and I want to an elite surgeon as well. 

2) It is easier to bump your head than you think, particularly in crowded quarters like an airplane. In the early stages it is absolutely essential you do not bump your head, as you will lose grafts it this happens. 

3) Out of principle, there is no need to rush this. If you have already planned this huge trip, are ready to spend a large amount of money to get this right, play it safe and stay in a hotel for another week to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

Im not sure if I can take off for that long. Being in Finance, I have to rush right back for my entries, recon, etc.. Such is the profession I guess.. and besides the 4-5 days, the next time that I would be available would maybe be after 6 months. Its either now or then unfortunately.

Nov 16, 2022

2 minutes ago, Plantin_graft said:

I literally came back to North America yesterday from Eugenix yesterday. I made this account specifically for your questions

Just spray the grafts every 2hrs. Once you're sleeping. No need to wake up every 2hrs to do it. 

Yes, passed security with the 100ml spray bottle on carry on. All tablets and cream were placed in the check in bag

Wear open button shirt is mandatory on and after surgery. The rest is up to you. 

No stares, super friendly people especially at the hotels,  you may find a lot of flirty women/smiling faces 

N/A

Forgot to answer Does your scalp feel a tingly sensation or do you have an itch to scratch it?

It itches for 3-5 seconds max then it stops. The purpose of the saline spray is to keep the transplant area soft, hence no itches. Once it's dry, it'll start to crack and itch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plantin_graft said:

N/A

Awesome! thanks for the answers. I do wish I could be there until day 7, but unfortunately, I can't. I'll just have to hope my wife can help with the first wash with their video that they put up

Nov 16, 2022

Just now, BaldingEagle1 said:

Awesome! thanks for the answers. I do wish I could be there until day 7, but unfortunately, I can't. I'll just have to hope my wife can help with the first wash with their video that they put up

Yeah, I did it myself. Nothing too bad. Just use water from a bowl or bottle to pour on your head. No pressurized water

Just now, Plantin_graft said:

Yeah, I did it myself. Nothing too bad. Just use water from a bowl or bottle to pour on your head. No pressurized water

gotcha, also for the procedure. they say 2 days they give for free. if im there for 4, do i have to get my own accommodations? Kinda confused about that. Like a new hotel?

Nov 16, 2022

37 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

gotcha, also for the procedure. they say 2 days they give for free. if im there for 4, do i have to get my own accommodations? Kinda confused about that. Like a new hotel?

My procedure was 2 days and they scheduled 4 days for me which they paid for. I stayed 8 days in total. Eugenix booked 8 days. When i showed up at the hotel. I paid for the remaining 4 days during check in. When eugenix calls to arrange hotel accommodations tell them you'll be staying X amount of days. 2 which they'll cover and they rest you'll cover.

P.S.

If the surgery is in Delhi. 1000% it'll be a doubletree by hilton hotel. If hilton hotel ask you if you want a dinner buffet added on your package, say yes. I got a discount, which came up to 19 USD a night. I order in-room dining instead of going down to the buffet. They have a menu to select off of which has the regular food price for people not choosing the buffet. Every night, I'd rack up close to $80USD in food and they'll never ask questions. I save left overs in the fridge for next day lunch as breakfast is included in the hotel package eugenix gives you.

A typical dinner order for me was Steak/potatoes/veggies, grilled salmon/veggies, fish and chips/fries, chicken burger/fries, tiramisu cake. Which is food for a whole day but, they'll never ask questions why 1 person needs all that food just for dinner

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

On my flight back to the UK I did one quick spray when the people next to me were asleep and one quick stray in the bathroom later on during the flight, so only two in total for an approx 10hr flight.

One thing I would suggest is to reserve a window seat or a seat that ensures you're not directly underneath the overhead storage. You don't really want bags being moved overhead or people reaching up above you. Also, when the airport staff started to prepare the boarding gate, I went up to the lady at the gate before boarding had been called and asked if I could go on first/early as I'd had a surgery and wanted to avoid the overhead baggage scramble etc... It was no issue at all. Once boarding was ready, she called me over before the queue had even started and I walked on straight through. I will say though that it was a little embarrassing because they'd wheeled the wheelchair-bound passengers over to the gate in preparation for them and then she called me through before them! I'd have rather they boarded first instead of 300 people watch me get called past people in wheelchairs but there ya go! :D

23 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

On my flight back to the UK I did one quick spray when the people next to me were asleep and one quick stray in the bathroom later on during the flight, so only two in total for an approx 10hr flight.

One thing I would suggest is to reserve a window seat or a seat that ensures you're not directly underneath the overhead storage. You don't really want bags being moved overhead or people reaching up above you. Also, when the airport staff started to prepare the boarding gate, I went up to the lady at the gate before boarding had been called and asked if I could go on first/early as I'd had a surgery and wanted to avoid the overhead baggage scramble etc... It was no issue at all. Once boarding was ready, she called me over before the queue had even started and I walked on straight through. I will say though that it was a little embarrassing because they'd wheeled the wheelchair-bound passengers over to the gate in preparation for them and then she called me through before them! I'd have rather they boarded first instead of 300 people watch me get called past people in wheelchairs but there ya go! :D

that's the reason why im flying business class back (although its with air India, so not expecting much lol).

Recline able seats (can lay flat), 2-2-2 seat format, separate boarding line, and of course separate bathroom. thank god.

With no WIFI in their planes, I'll probably be sleeping or download some movies/games on my laptop prior.

EDIT: just read news vistara launched wifi and live tv. goddamn air india please do it as well.

the same owners too smh

Edited by BaldingEagle1

Nov 16, 2022

1 hour ago, Plantin_graft said:

My procedure was 2 days and they scheduled 4 days for me which they paid for. I stayed 8 days in total. Eugenix booked 8 days. When i showed up at the hotel. I paid for the remaining 4 days during check in. When eugenix calls to arrange hotel accommodations tell them you'll be staying X amount of days. 2 which they'll cover and they rest you'll cover.

P.S.

If the surgery is in Delhi. 1000% it'll be a doubletree by hilton hotel. If hilton hotel ask you if you want a dinner buffet added on your package, say yes. I got a discount, which came up to 19 USD a night. I order in-room dining instead of going down to the buffet. They have a menu to select off of which has the regular food price for people not choosing the buffet. Every night, I'd rack up close to $80USD in food and they'll never ask questions. I save left overs in the fridge for next day lunch as breakfast is included in the hotel package eugenix gives you.

A typical dinner order for me was Steak/potatoes/veggies, grilled salmon/veggies, fish and chips/fries, chicken burger/fries, tiramisu cake. Which is food for a whole day but, they'll never ask questions why 1 person needs all that food just for dinner

yup the procedure is in delhi.

Oh I thought they would put me in Westin. Im sure doubletree will be dirt cheap. Good advice on the food, ill do that. I hope things go smoothely, I also plan on doing my bloodwork there too

Nov 16, 2022

5 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

yup the procedure is in delhi.

Oh I thought they would put me in Westin. Im sure doubletree will be dirt cheap. Good advice on the food, ill do that. I hope things go smoothely, I also plan on doing my bloodwork there too

With the eugenix discount, I think it was around $90/night. 

The bloodwork is a lot. I had 7 test tubes of blood which made me really dizzy. Thankfully, I did my bloodwork 2 weeks before the procedure as it's free where I live. I'm not sure how much you'd have to pay there to get it done. 

Just now, Plantin_graft said:

With the eugenix discount, I think it was around $90/night. 

The bloodwork is a lot. I had 7 test tubes of blood which made me really dizzy. Thankfully, I did my bloodwork 2 weeks before the procedure as it's free where I live. I'm not sure how much you'd have to pay there to get it done. 

If I did it here in the states, it would cost an easy 600-700. A lot cheaper in India. like a fraction of that.

Nov 16, 2022

2 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Im not sure if I can take off for that long. Being in Finance, I have to rush right back for my entries, recon, etc.. Such is the profession I guess.. and besides the 4-5 days, the next time that I would be available would maybe be after 6 months. Its either now or then unfortunately.

Well, how is possible you have so little PTO? Unless you are a top level executive, in which case, do not skimp and go to Dr. Konior in Chicago if you're in the US because you should be able to afford it easily.

11 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Well, how is possible you have so little PTO? Unless you are a top level executive, in which case, do not skimp and go to Dr. Konior in Chicago if you're in the US because you should be able to afford it easily.

No, I have the PTO. The problem is my field/industry.

So im a Sr. Financial Analyst. Even though Im an analyst, they have me doing some Accounting work as well.

Every 1st 10 business days of every month is vital for me as we do 30 days worth of work during that time frame lol.

So that leaves either Nov or Dec middle of 2nd week onwards (I chose Nov).

Prices after 3rd week of November are crazy high. Same with Dec.

January and Feb I am not available at all because of Year end and quarter close.

Honestly, the only real time I have are the dates I chose, thanksgiving weekend, or Xmas time, and the latter 2 are crazy expensive tickets wise.

So if I go not only would I be paying crazy expensive ticket prices, but that would throw me behind my work.

Thats Finance for you. lol pays well, but not very flexible on time off. Definitely have to pre plan.

Edited by BaldingEagle1
  • Like 1

Nov 16, 2022

• Valued Contributor
43 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

that's the reason why im flying business class back (although its with air India, so not expecting much lol).

Recline able seats (can lay flat), 2-2-2 seat format, separate boarding line, and of course separate bathroom. thank god.

With no WIFI in their planes, I'll probably be sleeping or download some movies/games on my laptop prior.

EDIT: just read news vistara launched wifi and live tv. goddamn air india please do it as well.

the same owners too smh

Pretty sure you'll have on-board movies & TV anyway, right? I flew AirIndia many, many years ago and think it had films & stuff you could watch, so you may not have to download anything.

In any case, good luck!

6 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Pretty sure you'll have on-board movies & TV anyway, right? I flew AirIndia many, many years ago and think it had films & stuff you could watch, so you may not have to download anything.

In any case, good luck!

I heard their selection has a lot to be desired. which is fine, I like preplanning things so as long as I can pre download things before my flight, im good.

I do hope their outlets work though!!

Nov 16, 2022

11 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

No, I have the PTO. The problem is my field/industry.

So im a Sr. Financial Analyst. Even though Im an analyst, they have me doing some Accounting work as well.

Every 1st 10 business days of every month is vital for me as we do 30 days worth of work during that time frame lol.

So that leaves either Nov or Dec middle of 2nd week onwards (I chose Nov).

Prices after 3rd week of November are crazy high. Same with Dec.

January and Feb I am not available at all because of Year end and quarter close.

Honestly, the only real time I have are the dates I chose, thanksgiving weekend, or Xmas time, and the latter 2 are crazy expensive tickets wise.

So if I go not only would I be paying crazy expensive ticket prices, but that would throw me behind my work.

Thats Finance for you. lol pays well, but not very flexible on time off. Definitely have to pre plan.

Gotcha, sounds tough haha that's why I avoided finance and went into engineering.

My point is just be prepared to be surprised how tough the post-op recovery period can be. Really it is just that first week, by days 8 and 9 you are close to feeling back to normal.

For a large surgery, which you will have, you can expect the following in the first 5 days:

1) swelling in the face, potentially severe. Your eye may even swell shut, making it almost impossible to see. I'm not even kidding it. 

2) Headaches, muscle weakness, low fever, sweats.

3) Nausea, you may have diarrhea due to the antibiotics you will take the first few days. 

Traveling in these conditions would be very tough, perhaps in business class it would be endurable but I just want you to have the most successful experience possible, which is why I recommended to just wait out the toughest initial period and then travel afterward.

• Like 1

Greetings @BaldingEagle1, Thank you for showcasing your confidence in us. 

Watch Netflix (save/download some movies, bring some books to read, and have a good rest

Post HT, it is important to keep the transplanted grafts hydrated, we will pass you a small saline spray bottle which you can take in the flight with you. Keep spraying it every hour on your recipient area

small bottle is less than 100ml, so yes and the bigger bottle you should keep in check-In luggage. We do provide a prescription and a fit to travel document hence you're allowed to carry it

Very minimal or no pain, as everybody has different endurance to the pain management. Majority of our patient's has rated us a 3 out 10 on the pain management. Continue with the medications for seven days and there will be not pain afterwards

Saline spray will be your best friend for seven days, keep spraying it avoid touching or itching

You can use any mild shampoo like DOVE or any shampoo which has similar PH level as water 

for the first seven days you shouldn't shower from your head. Starting from eight day, our advice is to shampoo daily to keep the scalp clean

Winters are on the doorstep in Delhi, take comfortable clothes, Open buttoned shirts, some chained Huddie's, comfortable pants. On the day of surgery, a comfortable uniform will be provided to you and for seven days you have to wear open buttoned shirts, jackets. Avoid packing more T-shirts for sure

India is almost a developed country now and there are lot of non-foreigners visiting India during wintertime. So, don't worry on this part

-Best advice you wish you got when you did your HT?
Transparency in everything, being 100% sure with the clinic you're going and got all your questions answered. 

Relax, enjoy, and be confident. Rest will be assured by us. See you soon.
Feel free to send a personalized message for further details.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Greetings @BaldingEagle1, Thank you for showcasing your confidence in us. 

Watch Netflix (save/download some movies, bring some books to read, and have a good rest

Post HT, it is important to keep the transplanted grafts hydrated, we will pass you a small saline spray bottle which you can take in the flight with you. Keep spraying it every hour on your recipient area

small bottle is less than 100ml, so yes and the bigger bottle you should keep in check-In luggage. We do provide a prescription and a fit to travel document hence you're allowed to carry it

Very minimal or no pain, as everybody has different endurance to the pain management. Majority of our patient's has rated us a 3 out 10 on the pain management. Continue with the medications for seven days and there will be not pain afterwards

Saline spray will be your best friend for seven days, keep spraying it avoid touching or itching

You can use any mild shampoo like DOVE or any shampoo which has similar PH level as water 

for the first seven days you shouldn't shower from your head. Starting from eight day, our advice is to shampoo daily to keep the scalp clean

Winters are on the doorstep in Delhi, take comfortable clothes, Open buttoned shirts, some chained Huddie's, comfortable pants. On the day of surgery, a comfortable uniform will be provided to you and for seven days you have to wear open buttoned shirts, jackets. Avoid packing more T-shirts for sure

India is almost a developed country now and there are lot of non-foreigners visiting India during wintertime. So, don't worry on this part

-Best advice you wish you got when you did your HT?
Transparency in everything, being 100% sure with the clinic you're going and got all your questions answered. 

Relax, enjoy, and be confident. Rest will be assured by us. See you soon.
Feel free to send a personalized message for further details.

Thank you so much for the reply! So excited to see you guys!

If I have any further questions Ill definitely reach out, thank you for being there!!! :)

• Like 1

Nov 16, 2022