long hair styling after a transplant

Hello, I am getting a hair transplant in a month for my hairline and temple peaks. Months after the surgery, will I be able to grow my hair long and style it? for example would I be able to get a curtains hairstyle? or will it just not work due to the transplanted hair on the front being less dense than the back?

10 minutes ago, HairIsLife said:

Hello, I am getting a hair transplant in a month for my hairline and temple peaks. Months after the surgery, will I be able to grow my hair long and style it? for example would I be able to get a curtains hairstyle? or will it just not work due to the transplanted hair on the front being less dense than the back?

Take it from somebody who at 4 months post-op hasn't regrown hair long enough to do that hair style, it probably isn't going to happen if you went completely shaved. 

You might also depending on your hair loss situation need to wait till 9+ months depending on the implanted density to really be able to rock that hair style properly. 

Do you mind sharing where you are getting your hair transplant from? I'm not one to try and stop people from getting one, but if you're about to go to a hair mill, it would be completely wrong of us not to tell you to stop, turn around and run for the hills. Even if it means losing a deposit you made have paid. 

A hair transplant is for life and then any that goes wrong, takes even more money and emotional toil to fix if it can be at all. 

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Take it from somebody who at 4 months post-op hasn't regrown hair long enough to do that hair style, it probably isn't going to happen if you went completely shaved. 

You might also depending on your hair loss situation need to wait till 9+ months depending on the implanted density to really be able to rock that hair style properly. 

Do you mind sharing where you are getting your hair transplant from? I'm not one to try and stop people from getting one, but if you're about to go to a hair mill, it would be completely wrong of us not to tell you to stop, turn around and run for the hills. Even if it means losing a deposit you made have paid. 

A hair transplant is for life and then any that goes wrong, takes even more money and emotional toil to fix if it can be at all. 

Hey, I am getting a transplant with Dr. Mwamba.

41 minutes ago, HairIsLife said:

Hey, I am getting a transplant with Dr. Mwamba.

Great and well viewed choice. Thanks for sharing and wishing you well with the hair transplant. Just like i said, i don't think you'll probably be able to get good enough length for a curtains hairstyle till maybe 6 months minimum. 

• Like 1

@HairIsLife,

The nice thing about surgical hair restoration is that you can technically grow your hair as long as you want and stylet anyway you want.  However, the key is to find a hairstyle that suits you the best based on all the factors at play. For example, the density of the transplanted hair will play a role in whether or not a particular hairstyle or length will look ideal. You can always try growing it longer and see how it blends in and matches your natural hair.  If it doesn’t look the way you expect, you can always cut it shorter and style it another way.

Also, if there’s a particular hairstyle you are going for you can always talk to your surgeon about developing a surgical plan so that your hair will look ideal with that style.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

You'll be waiting at least nine months until you have enough density to attempt curtains I think.

People get different results, but curtains does seem like a stretch.  Personally I keep a slight one sided curtain, but nothing more due to thinness.
If I try to split my hair down the middle for a set of curtains, it looks rather thin.

Regardless, if you have the density after a transplant then it'll definitely be possible as transplanted hair grows as long as non-transplanted.

image.png.dca5eff6d934a579f9838ef687765ec6.pngimage.png.979aadf4b2d384c1509d8b1eaf64579e.png

Edited by SeanToman