EXTREMELY oily scalp after hair transplant - Is that normal?

Hi,

It's been 3 days since my hair transplant and I have an extremely oily scalp (I usually have an oily scalp but this is too much). It can be because I haven't had my first wash (I'll be doing that tomorrow with water only as per the doctor's instructions). 

However, I wanted to ask whether this is normal. Any advice? 

Previously KLHT

Personally i have a dry scalp often flaring up into dandruff but the saline spray probably helped keep mine at bay. I don't know if a hair transplant intrinsically would spike your scalp being oily. 

I would probably say that after the first week, you can probably wash more normally but if you get an oily build up, i think it's best to ask the clinic for their professional opinion to deal with it. 

My clinic recommended Dove as a shampoo because apparently its very mild on the hair. However, i do think this is something you have to customise for down the line as well. Sometimes you have to shampoo maybe a few times a week where some people can skip it for weeks and also, maybe dry shampoo might be better for you down the line. Perhaps not right now.