In person Consultation with Dr Freitas

Way to aggressive even if you are on meds, have no active hairloss, or even no hairloss in family history. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Thanks for the eyebrow pencil tip!  This is along the lines of something I would be very happy with. Let me know if you guys think it’s too aggressive? 

3260182B-3774-40AC-8D68-8A016EB07E20.jpeg

12DD48CE-A9D6-463D-A972-ADB48BDD6115.jpeg

C85D62E3-00F9-4106-B538-EA863F87DBB3.jpeg

C616DC14-0833-4CC5-8F8D-C44975F2634E.jpeg

If you had none of the other hair loss you do, and were completely stable for years, especially on medication then i could see an argument to go with this, but on a warned basis. That said, i do agree with the above poster. In an ideal world of unlimited grafts, that's your perfect hairline, but unfortunately in a more realistic turn, that's too aggressive to start off with and then keep chasing. 

7 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

This is what Dr Freitas drew.. i wouldn’t say it’s 100% accurate but from what I remember it was a little conservative along these lines 

11995F95-8DDF-4D91-8799-75AF06CD28A9.jpeg

732114A7-2516-4500-B5B5-EBA5D56A3CEA.jpeg

7ADAABCE-FEB9-4691-A467-2FA73951F722.jpeg

B326522E-0605-4452-9B92-2920B730967A.jpeg

This is very similar and tbh, i think would give you solid framing. Just obviously not the ideal you would want, but definitely still hits all the basics of a solid frontal hairline and you won't have to chase it much if you slip. Believe it or not, what you drew is kind of how much Eugenix drew my hairline in front of the existing hairline too. It wasn't as low as i thought in the end. I posted you an example. 

The fact you have temple points and i didn't is why it probably looks more drastic on mine, but along the hairline, it's pretty similar. 

IMG_20220818_004554.png

• Like 1

Much prefer Freitas' design. 

I think the issue is that you may not be be strongly imagining  hair behind the line. It's extremely tricky. Dr Shapiro went through this with me, he used filler to get me an accurate image, a drawn on hairline may look too high, but once it fills in, it will make much more sense. 

Maybe this may help, on ms paint or something draw black behind the line up to your current hairline. I kinda just did that with my fingers on the screen for both yours and his, your came across as very juvenile, Freitas made your face pop. But without my fingers, it does seem to me that yours is the more aesthetic choice. 

One more request. Can you take another picture with your eye brows all the way up? The distance from the top forehead wrinkle to about 1 finger thickness above tends to be an optimal hairline point. It's another rule, along with the rule of 3rds. I think you might see the Freitas has it exactly, where as yours may be too low. 

Edited by HairRun
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for all the responses. This makes me feel a lot more confident in Dr Freitas design. 

@NARMAK how much cm is your hairline from the middle of your hairline to the glabella?

@HairRunyour explanation makes a lot of sense. When I did draw freitas hairline and started analysing I felt that it would still be a huge improvement and will look age appropriate too. Dr Freitas did tell me that lowering it won’t look natural. I attached a picture but I don’t have much forehead wrinkles. My hairline to the middle of the eyebrow is 6cm

35177295-DE94-49D6-B7B4-48183AFA03D4.jpeg

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

1 hour ago, drawdownfx said:

Thank you very much for all the responses. This makes me feel a lot more confident in Dr Freitas design. 

@NARMAK how much cm is your hairline from the middle of your hairline to the glabella?

@HairRunyour explanation makes a lot of sense. When I did draw freitas hairline and started analysing I felt that it would still be a huge improvement and will look age appropriate too. Dr Freitas did tell me that lowering it won’t look natural. I attached a picture but I don’t have much forehead wrinkles. My hairline to the middle of the eyebrow is 6cm

35177295-DE94-49D6-B7B4-48183AFA03D4.jpeg

Mine is a slightly weird one. From my glabella, it's 6cm i believe having measured it myself with a tailor tape but with the eyebrows even without furrowing my brow, it can become lime 5cm from the top of the tip there. Then added to that, i think the way your specific head is shaped, it can and does make a big difference to how things look. That's why sometimes even at a higher set point, it looks good for somebody. It all needs to be proportioned to your face and features. Overall though, i 100% think it will be an improvement to you and you'll be happy with it. 

• Like 1