How long after HT to start fin? Never taken fin before

After my recent HT, my doctor recommended taking fin to prevent further loss. I’ve never taken it before and my loss is pretty advanced like NW6.

I didn’t want to interfere with the HT cycle/process of shedding and regrowth, so was wondering what peoples experiences are with starting fin for the first time after a HT- any thoughts?

So when you start finasteride, a shed happens round about 1-3 months, sometimes 6 months. Depends really on individual.

After a HT, the hairs will shed within a month or so. Probably a good time then to start it. I suppose within the 3 months post op is a good time.

The worst time probably is after 5 months when the results start coming in, you don’t want to make them go into a shed again 😄

I really don’t think it will hurt your hairs in anyway. But cosmetically you will have to wait a longer and might have different timeline to when people normally see results

Personally i would start immediately. Yes, some weaker hairs may shed and take some time to regrow but at least they would be stronger and the hair you do have will hopefully thicken up, even the donor area hair is observed to do so. Being Norwood 6 may also help stop it where it is and not end up at Norwood 7 as soon if at all 

Realistically we should also watch out for an adjustment period so maybe try to micro dosage with 1mg 2-3x a week and then move on to an extra day until you can do 1mg a day.