Need advice about my BHT surgery planning

Hi community

I am planning to do a mega session of BHT to cover the mid scalp and crown. For the time being  I do not intend to use any donor scalp to save them to restore the frontal area as my age is 34 and I may continue hair loss in the future. I share my photo for different body parts

beard

chest

shoulder 

lower arm

Leg

Could you please tell me are all of these body sources are viable for me and can be used  for BHT?

and how many grafts can i get from each  body source to account for the total body grafts that I have so that I can set my plan for now and future? 

IMG_20220919_224156.jpg

Screenshot_20220919_224246.jpg

Screenshot_20220919_224320.jpg

IMG_20220919_224345.jpg

IMG_20220919_224656.jpg

IMG_20220919_224725.jpg

Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not such a great idea. 

Body hair is best thought of as a "supplement" to your scalps donor hair. If you only use body hair it will end up looking really funky on your head as it wont look like normal scalp hair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not such a great idea. 

Body hair is best thought of as a "supplement" to your scalps donor hair. If you only use body hair it will end up looking really funky on your head as it wont look like normal scalp hair.

Body hair  after transplanting in the scalp with years after some cycles take the charterestics of scalp hair. Also body usually used in the mid scalp and crown not in the frontal

Edited by Fego

4 hours ago, Fego said:

Body hair  after transplanting in the scalp with years after some cycles take the charterestics of scalp hair. Also body usually used in the mid scalp and crown not in the frontal

I don't deny that the BH takes SOME characteristics of the scalp hair, but it certainly never will be as natural as scalp hair from the donor. If it was, "donor management" would be a lot less of a problem

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Fego said:

I am planning to do a mega session of BHT to cover the mid scalp and crown. For the time being  I do not intend to use any donor scalp to save them to restore the frontal area as my age is 34 and I may continue hair loss in the future.

This is a really bad plan. Have you seen anyone with a head full of body hair? I have and it looks bad. Which surgeon is prescribing this path of surgery? You need scalp hair not only for the hairline but for the frontal section as well as the mid section and crown to blend in (and this is with beard hair mind you). The anagen phase of body hair is very short lived and I honestly think you should think this through. All the best!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This is a really bad plan. Have you seen anyone with a head full of body hair? I have and it looks bad. Which surgeon is prescribing this path of surgery? You need scalp hair not only for the hairline but for the frontal section as well as the mid section and crown to blend in (and this is with beard hair mind you). The anagen phase of body hair is very short lived and I honestly think you should think this through. All the best!

I find it strange you’re advising against this Gatsby? I mean you had hairs from pubes taken 😀 I hope I am not confusing you with someone else but I am pretty sure it was you and not Melvin who said this. 

I understand the sentiment but I think hairs still look better than shiny bald head. Maybe he can keep them buzzed and give the appearance of full head of hair

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
Just now, LookMaxx said:

I find it strange you’re advising against this Gatsby? I mean you had hairs from pubes taken 😀 I hope I am not confusing you with someone else but I am pretty sure it was you and not Melvin who said this. 

I understand the sentiment but I think hairs still look better than shiny bald head. Maybe he can keep them buzzed and give the appearance of full head of hair

I get where you are coming from and I mean no offense. Yes I had pubic hair (232 grafts) placed in my donor scars in the back of my scalp. However this was just to see how they would grow and also so as not to waste any precious scalp and beard grafts (not just now but for the future). I was in contact with a guy six years ago who was a severe Norwood 7 and he went to Turkey and had only body hair transplanted to his scalp (and some beard in all fairness) and he had one procedure after another to try and improve his results. Each surgery cost him money and more disappointment. He was suffering from clinical depression as a result. My point however is that I do not want to see you ripped off financially and emotionally with results that you will be unhappy with. Can you (like myself) post some pics of your hair loss so the forum can give you a better response in advising you? Also who is the surgeon suggesting this? Or is this what you are wanting? All the best!