Surgery on 24th September 2022 with Dr Arika Bansal, Eugenix

keratin_matters

There was one issue I wanted to ask over here. The clinic has asked me to stop using minoxidil for 2 months on the transplanted area to avoid reactions. But those existing hair in my mid frontal region are very minoxidil dependent since 5-6 years now. I fear that by the time I resume minoxidil most of them would go into shock due to being deprived of minox. I'm continuing finasteride but minoxidil dependence is real and I'm really concerned about it. 

Not only are those native hair going through the trauma of collateral damage but now they are not going to get minoxidil support. What could be a way out of this? 

@keratin_mattersCongrats on the HT, work looks neat and clean, happy growing from now on!

How much density did you get? grafts per sq cm? Did they put hair between existing hair where you had gaps/low density?

Finesteride should help with the lack of Minoxidil, so chill!

3 hours ago, ZeeMan said:

@keratin_mattersCongrats on the HT, work looks neat and clean, happy growing from now on!

How much density did you get? grafts per sq cm? Did they put hair between existing hair where you had gaps/low density?

Finesteride should help with the lack of Minoxidil, so chill!

Thanks man! They gave me a density of 35-40 graft per sq centimetres on the hairline, the slits were made based on whether there are pre existing hair there or not.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:43 AM, keratin_matters said:

I will certainly post a more detailed experience when I receive the HD photos. The advice that I can give is

1) Keep some notes of questions on your mobile notes app. And when Dr Arika comes in, just make sure you go through all of them.

2) Besides this I also asked them to introduce each technician to me with their years of experience to increase my trust. You can do this as well. 

3) Communication and awareness is key, they will take care of everything but do make sure to communicate every small thing and expectation. I was constantly asking about the steps being performed, the number of grafts yielded from a particular area, punch size being used, density per sq cm being given,etc. 

4) Also a funny thing I noticed is that there were some concerns that Dr Arika is streched between too many packages. But it seems that their Mumbai clinic has only 3 OTs in total so they literally cannot pack anyone more than that. On the other hand, the Delhi clinic has 7-10 OTs I guess, so if you're choosing anything less than the super premium package, the Mumbai clinic might not be a bad option.

How much is the super premium package for bansal per graft?

2 hours ago, keratin_matters said:

Day 5 Update: Itching has stopped and donor Seems to be healing. The scabs have formed as well, can't wait for Day 7 to have my first head wash! 

IMG_20220930_160739.thumb.jpg.c2bfb2e1f8f2cc25d43cb8e60e407c21.jpgIMG20220930160609.thumb.jpg.acf4d54401c9d1b7e66e4d313506b614.jpg

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I also want to do hair plant and for that I am searching for it online. I was actually searching for the www.uk-dissertation.com/dissertation/methodology.html website online because I need dissertation help and when I was searching for it online, I found your post link too. I would love to see more updates from you.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Keep us updating. :)

• Like 1

Day 9 Update: After three head washes, almost all the scabs are gone now. And I can see all the little hair sprouting out. Feels good. Too sad all these are going to bid me goodbye for some months now. IMG20221004152327.thumb.jpg.27400c6b6d0f073824a52fe81861be7c.jpg

Donor is healing well, it looks okay for now. I'm sure it won't show when I grow them longer. But I do wonder about how many grafts are left for future procedures, which I would likely need.IMG_20221004_152837.thumb.jpg.fc3a6119f0587d9d7bbc4fe0cea6e9ae.jpg

Overall superexcited though, hope everything works out.

IMG_20221004_152640.jpg

Edited by keratin_matters
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, keratin_matters said:

Thanks! resuming it and dabbing it lightly on my midscalp and crown so that it doesn't trickle down on the hairline. 

Soon you shouldn’t even have anything to worry about. I tested using minoxidil on my transplanted area yesterday (I had my HT Sept 15-17) and it seems absolutely fine. I have a bunch I bought months ago so I plan to just start using it at least every other day soon I once the transplanted area sheds and starts regrowing in. 

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Soon you shouldn’t even have anything to worry about. I tested using minoxidil on my transplanted area yesterday (I had my HT Sept 15-17) and it seems absolutely fine. I have a bunch I bought months ago so I plan to just start using it at least every other day soon I once the transplanted area sheds and starts regrowing in. 

The clinic has forbade me from using minox for 2 months after OP on the transplanted area. But I've so many existing hair in there that I'm concerned about getting a subpar result because all the minox dependent hair shed away till the point that I resume it. Need to get this sorted out.

2 hours ago, keratin_matters said:

The clinic has forbade me from using minox for 2 months after OP on the transplanted area. But I've so many existing hair in there that I'm concerned about getting a subpar result because all the minox dependent hair shed away till the point that I resume it. Need to get this sorted out.

I don’t think there’s much tangible evidence to suggest an ideal time to resume use. Clinics will tend to err on a longer timeline to protect themselves from any blame if something were to go wrong because of something you did to the area. Eugenix also doesn’t really endorse minoxidil in general anyway so that’s just their approach. I would think after a month you’re probably very safe to resume and you won’t lose much progress. 

Edited by general-etwan

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

I don’t think there’s much tangible evidence to suggest an ideal time to resume use. Clinics will tend to err on a longer timeline to protect themselves from any blame if something were to go wrong because of something you did to the area. Eugenix also doesn’t really endorse minoxidil in general anyway so that’s just their approach. I would think after a month you’re probably very safe to resume and you won’t lose much progress. 

That's true... The reason they gave is that there could be reactions due to the alcohol in minoxidil. Wonder if oral minox in the meantime may be a good alternative.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a 1 month update! 

Exactly one month has passed since my transplant. Here is where I am at this point: 

Hairline: IMG_20221025_190254.thumb.jpg.1414c5092202f94a2a9f22b86a8a614e.jpg

As expected, all those baby transplanted hair have shed off at this point and I'm looking pretty bald from the front. Gotta ride out the next 3 months. My company is insisting work from office but I'm going to extend it for 3 more months anyhow. Hopefully will be presentable with some toppik by then.

Donor: 

Left side closeup:IMG_20221025_190540.thumb.jpg.c46a73877c979fc7474947c9370c4c70.jpg

Left side: Mirror IMG_20221025_191014.thumb.jpg.cf8178c290d43a90506f5a574db1ebb3.jpg

Right side closeup:IMG_20221025_190524.thumb.jpg.aedbedda913c634f0a712b28a9b55abf.jpg

Right side mirror: 

IMG_20221025_191027.thumb.jpg.40bbfebc9b4d39177353d516e4b395f2.jpg

Back:IMG_20221025_190601.thumb.jpg.82231852817fccac882c0092c8cb6387.jpg

Back side looking really great at this point. The sides look different based on the lighting conditions. The clinic has told me to not worry about it so I'm just going to stop thinking about it for a few months now. Hopefully it's mild shock loss and will subside.

Overall I see things on track and can't wait for the 6 month mark. 

Edited by keratin_matters
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Time for a 2 month update!

Can't believe how fast time flies! Just 2-2.5 months more until I start seeing some results.. I'm absolutely pumped! I can see baby shoots coming out of transplanted area already. IMG_20221125_152051.thumb.jpg.f9d8ca31f7458e36616eb32af13514f9.jpgIMG_20221125_152116.jpg.b91665521dd90acd98e83c9e53137410.jpgIMG_20221125_152131.thumb.jpg.f648626cee44ede7d56d4128ec7191c1.jpgIMG_20221125_152147.jpg.c470b0e71b137384257219c5cb31c536.jpg

Will keep posting monthly updates here. Hopefully the month 4,5 update will be spectacular. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd asked the clinic for the number of singles and doubles used in my procedure. This was for my reference in case I have further procedures later in my life. Posting it here for documentation so I can refer it back in my thread years later. Also others looking for a similar graft count procedure in the front would get an idea about it.IMG_20221209_155628.jpg.2fd43a7a0b78eef33d6a7aeb67d3b440.jpg