1400 units with Dr. Samuels Jan 18th

hairbank

I had my first HT with Dr. Lawrence Samuels (St. Louis, MO) this past Tues. I do not have pic's to post yet but will do so in the next few days when I'm comfortable wetting my hair so they can be viewed more clearly. Initially I was going to have most of the grafts placed in the back because my loss has progressed back to front vs. the other way around. After talking with Dr. Samuels, I decided to have the majority put in front then slightly thinning as they moved toward the back.

The experience itself was good overall. The most pain experienced during the procedure was from the numbing of the donor area, which really wasn't that bad. Recovery didn't go as well. I experienced quite a bit of pain in the donor area and some on the scalp The meds didn't seem too help much. After the first couple of days it was pretty manageable. I iced my forehead and donor area religiously and have not yet had swelling.

I was supposed to only get 1200 grafts but received 1400 and was not charged extra which was nice. Most of the placement of grafts went from very dense in front and then tapered to very, very few on the crown. I'm sure I'll want to follow up with more density on top and the crown soon. I'll post pic's within the next few days. I'm thrilled to have had it done and can't wait to start seeing some results.

How long should a person wait before safely attempting another procedure?

Thanks,

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I had my first HT with Dr. Lawrence Samuels (St. Louis, MO) this past Tues. I do not have pic's to post yet but will do so in the next few days when I'm comfortable wetting my hair so they can be viewed more clearly. Initially I was going to have most of the grafts placed in the back because my loss has progressed back to front vs. the other way around. After talking with Dr. Samuels, I decided to have the majority put in front then slightly thinning as they moved toward the back.

The experience itself was good overall. The most pain experienced during the procedure was from the numbing of the donor area, which really wasn't that bad. Recovery didn't go as well. I experienced quite a bit of pain in the donor area and some on the scalp The meds didn't seem too help much. After the first couple of days it was pretty manageable. I iced my forehead and donor area religiously and have not yet had swelling.

I was supposed to only get 1200 grafts but received 1400 and was not charged extra which was nice. Most of the placement of grafts went from very dense in front and then tapered to very, very few on the crown. I'm sure I'll want to follow up with more density on top and the crown soon. I'll post pic's within the next few days. I'm thrilled to have had it done and can't wait to start seeing some results.

How long should a person wait before safely attempting another procedure?

Thanks,

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

YOu should not have another procedure for at least 12 months at the min... Preferably 18 months-- this allows 100% of your HT hair to come in because some are slow growers, but more important, it allows your scalp to recover from the trauma as well as your donor area to recover, scar to heal, and shock loss to grow back. DONT RUSH IT... Some unethical phycisians will try to get patients back in 4-6 months which is not enough time (I was victim of this 1 time and lost some grafts and increased scarring because of my greed) Be patient, its the best outcome.