A question regarding packing density for non-beard body hair in HT

Body hair, particularly outside beard, has a low density. A paper by Umar says that an area with >8fu/cm2 is actually pretty good for extraction. 

In the beard it is much denser 20-80fu/cm2. 

I am interested in non-beard body hair.  

Can Surgeons pack non-beard body hair in much higher density than their original location? For example up to 40 fu/cm2. 

Also please: I want to focus on the question in bold above. I understand that there are several reasons that make beard hair in the majority of patients superior, I understand that body hair does not grow long, and has a different cyclicality than scalp making it plan C, ... all important points. But want to first understand packing limits. 

Thanks 

Sure but the main issue is extraction and graft survival for non-beard BHT. Most surgeons don’t even bother because they don’t have the punch size tools available to even try it and end up transecting the graft leading to poor yield.

Your surgeon might pack it dense but it might grow patchy due to bad yield.

I don’t think grafting hairs from less dense area to denser area matters at all as long as they get nutrients to grow. BHT transplant are successful and they are implanted into much denser area ( scalp )

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Body hair has a n anagen of up to 12 months. I wouldn't rely on it except as a small filler. All the best!

It seems to me that two large sessions spread by X months should be a good strategy in that case. They do a pre-shave test to only pick the anagen at each time.

@Gatsby you used quite a bit of body hair if I recall no? How is that working for you? 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I used just under 900 odd (?) chest grafts (I’ll have to check). To be honest it’s so hard tell tell where they are? Crown and mid section I would say. The beard hair is also blended in well and I’m confident will soften over time. 👍