Dr Lam Dallas/Plano

i called to get a consultation. The charge was $250. Does this seem okay? I guess the answer is "it depends" but I do think it's kind of steep. If it were Hasson and Wong perhaps I would say okay. But I was curious if I should just pay this? 

I just went to doctor Dr. Sean Behnam and he gave me a free consultation. But said (respectfully) he was concerned about my donor hair on the sides being good enough to give a decent result. 

I was seeking second opinion and was told Dr. Lam was a good choice in Dallas. 

• Administrators

I don’t see anything wrong with paying for a consultation if a service is provided. For example, a donor examination microscopically. 

Are there any doctors anywhere else in the world who will see you for free? Even if you have an illness they require payment, this is a cosmetic procedure, so of course they deserve to have their time compensated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr. Lam has written a lot of good research on the topic of hair restoration and seems very educated on the topic. However, I’ve yet to see a single result (from his own page) that has caught my eye. Education does not always equal skill. 

behnam imo is a doctor I would never consider for hair restoration. Melvin had his first surgery with him and the whole surgical plan was poor from the beginning. He’s a businessman at this point and focused on his topical concoction “happy head.”

stick to well known names from this site. They’re tested and proven. Konior, Nadimi, bisanga, Cooley, etc. 

there’s a lot of clowns in this industry and it’s easy to get caught up in distracting topics when in reality skill and results matter most.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see anything wrong with paying for a consultation if a service is provided. For example, a donor examination microscopically. 

Are there any doctors anywhere else in the world who will see you for free? Even if you have an illness they require payment, this is a cosmetic procedure, so of course they deserve to have their time compensated.