Need Help in Estimating number of Hair Grafts required for this Touch-Up ?

Hi Guys,

Wanted to ask you guys looking at these marked pictures how many hair grafts would be required to close in the gaps ? This is gonna be a Touch-Up Procedure to compliment my earlier Hair Transplant. I am not asking dense packing but considerably density so that large open gaps are not visible. So what do you guys think would be required bare minimum to make the gaps less visible without being too ambitious.

Please tell individual Picture wise like for.g. For Picture-1 I think 200 Hair Grafts. For Picture-2 100 Hair Grafts that way...

My hair loss is stable and I am in my mid 40's and I am also on Medication before anyone starts suggesting that this can be controlled with Medicine :) No this requires additional grafts IMHO I am just confused how much would be right numbers of grafts :)

Picture-1 (1).jpg

Picture-2.jpg

Picture-3.jpg

Picture-4.jpg

I think for each section you're looking at 150-300 grafts approximately. The type of graft (ones, twos, threes) will effect the total number. That top section will likely be double the amount 500-600. Keep in mind pictures always make the hair loss appear worse. I bet to the naked eye some of this thinning isn't as noticeable. At any rate, the hair looks great.....enjoy!

P.S. Ultimately you should listen to what your HT surgeon advises in terms of graft count as he or she is not only helping with your current situation but also managing your donor for the future. I know it's difficult, but don't succumb to hair greed.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

29 minutes ago, hairthere said:

I think for each section you're looking at 150-300 grafts approximately. The type of graft (ones, twos, threes) will effect the total number. That top section will likely be double the amount 500-600. Keep in mind pictures always make the hair loss appear worse. I bet to the naked eye some of this thinning isn't as noticeable. At any rate, the hair looks great.....enjoy!

P.S. Ultimately you should listen to what your HT surgeon advises in terms of graft count as he or she is not only helping with your current situation but also managing your donor for the future. I know it's difficult, but don't succumb to hair greed.

Except for the top where I agree with you, but for the rest of the area 150 looks plausible but 300 is way too ambitious. I will struggle with donor hair if it requires 300 for each section. My feeling is for picture-1 maybe around 150, for picture-2 another 100, for picture-3 maybe 50 and for the top around 400-500 that sounds realistic.

Edited by augustya

Yes wasn’t really sure what your donor situation was which I was I said between 150-300. In that short-hair side profile picture it does look thinned out but the others it looks healthy. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com