Urgent question about dislodged graft day of surgery

Woke up from a nap after the surgery day 2, there is a graft dislodged. And a lot of Bleeding. Graft lays on top of head now. It is clear dislodge. Doc confirmed it is a dislodge from pic I just texted him and he simply told me to go and see him tomorrow. 

I know I know that the best person is to ask is my doc, and he will see me tomorrow about this, but want anything that can help me formulate my thoughts/questions tomorrow.and prepare me for what's about to come. Can't sleep now. 

My question is: Can docs check the health of the surrounding grafts and be assured as to whether they were affected or not by whatever happened? i.e. whether they were somewhat dislodged, and if so can something be done about that after a day? 

Is there a way to be sure that the other grafts have survived? For example by seeing the doctor X days after surgery and let him do a pull test or something like that? 

• Like 1

Prof101,

I know you were concerned but there is some good news. Firstly, you are actually seeing your  surgeon tomorrow so he/she will be able to help you. Secondly, you’ve only lost one graft out of likely thousands. So even if nothing can be done to re-transplant that craft or do something with it, you won’t experience any real cosmetic difference when the results grow in.

now regarding the surrounding grass, I would venture to guess that none of them have been affected. However, I’m sure your doctor will give you some assurance and answers tomorrow.

That said, if you want some  more specific input I suggest posting some photos of the affected area of the scalp.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks. Today the right side of the crown was done, the left side yesterday, although a bit of the left was pushed further toward center, so it is possible to for the one that fell to be of today. I only see one graft up close, although the blood flow is significant and can make it look like several. 

prior to this, I had a huge headache after surgery, and I was sleeping. my head felt like about to explode, it was 9/10 pain. 

But I slept as I mentioned in a safe position and with my hands under the blanket aware of the risk of inadvertent touch. I really really don't know what happened. But I know that a graft does not pop up on its own I guess. 

IMG-4876.JPG

IMG-4880.JPG

I mean, it’s theoretically possible for one to pop out on its own if there is swelling going on and the pressure causes it to pop (I’m assuming here).

All this said, 1 graft?  Literally doesn’t matter.  Even the best hair transplant ever done in the world doesn’t have all grafts survive and grow to maturation.  So 1 extra graft not making it to adulthood?  Small drop in the bucket.  It won’t effect the result in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here: