How far back from frontal hairline and temples, can you begin to place beard grafts for some extra density?

From what I gather, beard grafts work best in the midscalp. Beard hairs will adapt and mimic a scalp graft but not exactly. This inconsistency with your beard hair grafts compared to scalp grafts and native hair will be mostly undetectable in the midscalp because you are not directly looking at it like the hairline / back of the the crown. Although it can still be used in the crown for good results unlike the hairline which requires solely your finer single hair grafts.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Generally beard hair is coarse and not always malleable so it can be a bit of a pain even using it in the crown and there has been cases where even well regarded clinics have used it in the crown and seen a subpar result, needing for somebody else to extract grafts and re-do an area. 

I would generally say mixing into the midscalp is probably where they're most effective for coverage and just outside the whorl pattern areas for coverage but it's also case dependent. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies!

I wasn't thinking about close to the hairline, like perhaps 3 or 4 centimeter behind. Also not a ton of them in one place but merely to add q hit of extra density when scattered. 

Thought this might be an option but from the replies, perhaps not?