When is one too far gone for Minox to be effective ?

NewHare

Used topical Minoxidil for a year, twice a day

The hair loss kind of slowed down to a point where less hair were visible on my hand when running fingers through my scalp, but nothing else.

I switched to oral Finasteride 1.5 year ago instead

Propecia and Rogaine are considered to be the best meds for retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectations.  Most patients will get frustrated a year later and stop altogether when they see no visual change - not understanding - the meds are not intended for you to grow anything.  Rather, they are to help you with retention.  That is, if you look the same a year later, the meds did what they were intended to do.  Min by itself, I'm afraid, is like wearing a band-aid. You may want to research PRP and Laser.  These can help reverse the thinning.

The mechanism of action of all modalities is totally different and there is synergy when combined.  I would do all of them and give them a year.  It takes that long to confirm what exactly these will accomplish.  Take photos in the interim.  A year later you can decide if the outcome is worth the time, effort and expense.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Thanks LC,

That's more in line with what I had thought.  Though you mentioned the crown, I've read it works fairly well all over the scalp.

I was advised by a ht doc not to bother with Propecia as most/all my native fell out and all I had left was transplanted. Though

now I'm noticing as of late the frontal third is thinning further.  I'll have to look further into Propecia and others treatments. 

As far as Propecia is an office visit necessary or can one get a script online ?  I'm not near any decent clinics.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 6:44 AM, NewHare said:

Thanks LC,

That's more in line with what I had thought.  Though you mentioned the crown, I've read it works fairly well all over the scalp.

I was advised by a ht doc not to bother with Propecia as most/all my native fell out and all I had left was transplanted. Though

now I'm noticing as of late the frontal third is thinning further.  I'll have to look further into Propecia and others treatments. 

As far as Propecia is an office visit necessary or can one get a script online ?  I'm not near any decent clinics.

Are you saying your transplanted hair is thinning further?