Hair transplant in Serbia advice -- Hair Center Serbia

I've booked a hair transplant at Hair Center Serbia for later this year but somewhat getting cold feet. Searched this forum and there are some mixed reviews about the place and their lead surgeon Dr. Gorana Kuka Epstein. 

My procedure would be done by another junior doctor, Dr. Nemanja Gajdobranski. I've been in touch with him and he has been able to answer my questions about the procedure, etc. He has quoted me about 1500 grafts to fix my hairline. 

I have also reached out to Dr. Erkan Demirsoy in Turkey and he has advised me to take fin for a year and see where things are at before getting a hair transplant. I'm personally hesitant to take fin and my hair loss has been very gradual. I'm 31 now. The Serbian doctor has advised to start min+fin topically 10 days after my transplant. I do have a port wine stain birthmark on the nape of my neck which according to the Serbian doctor is something they'll have to work around.

Would love to hear your thoughts about both consults and generally if anyone had a hair transplant done in Serbia. I'm Serbian and would feel much more comfortable doing it in my own country compared to traveling abroad. But if I have to I can of course travel, granted the results would be more promising somewhere else.

IMG_6242.jpeg

IMG_6241.jpeg

IMG_6240.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 3.11.36 PM.jpeg

I'm from Croatia and in my personal opinion you can't find anything that's worth mentioning on the Balkans, except for dr. Zarev who is actually very close, you can reach him by car easily. That's one of the reasons why I've opted for dr. Freitas in the first place, I wanted to reduce risks associated with surgery as much as I could. You may end up with some good result with that clinic but you're diving into abyss hoping for the best, that does not sound very promising. Plus, you should hold off any thoughts about surgery before you try proven medications. If you want to chat about that in native language, you can PM me.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t know anything of this doctor. I’ve heard good things about Dr. Maletic in Croatia. There’s also Dr. Saifi in Poland. Feel free to use our list as a starting point for research 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t know anything of this doctor. I’ve heard good things about Dr. Maletic in Croatia. There’s also Dr. Saifi in Poland. Feel free to use our list as a starting point for research 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

Thank you, I will look into Dr. Maletic!

33 minutes ago, Kraki77 said:

I'm from Croatia and in my personal opinion you can't find anything that's worth mentioning on the Balkans, except for dr. Zarev who is actually very close, you can reach him by car easily. That's one of the reasons why I've opted for dr. Freitas in the first place, I wanted to reduce risks associated with surgery as much as I could. You may end up with some good result with that clinic but you're diving into abyss hoping for the best, that does not sound very promising. Plus, you should hold off any thoughts about surgery before you try proven medications. If you want to chat about that in native language, you can PM me.

Yes the plunging into the deep doesn't sound too promising. I will PM you later thanks!