22...Is the shedding phase really that bad...before I start taking propecia!

?what?

Hero85,

At only 3 weeks out from hair transplant surgery, it's normal to lose some of your natural hair. This is referred to as shock loss. Finasteride may or may not also be playing a role in some temporary shedding since you just started taking it. However, keep in mind that this phase (as upsetting as it can be) is only temporary. Several months from now, your hair will start to grow back and mature and thicken for the next year. In the meantime, try not to stress over it.

Feel free to create a patient website or create a hair loss blog on this community to share your hair restoration journey with photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

hehe yes bill, i am probably a little nervous at the beginning, but it is probably very normal ;)

must also admit i have a tendency to stress in any such situations and it is probably not a good idea..

just hope that the shedding will stop soon, then I am sure I am taking it more calmly... are so lucky that I have not seen any side effects of finastride yet so it's a really good tink;)

Hero,

No matter how much you know, it's usually different when you are experiencing it. I recall getting very nervous after my first two hair transplants when I had extensive shock loss. I also recall getting a little nervous around month 5 after my 4th hair transplant when I didn't see much growth compared to the previous 3 procedures. So trust me, I know how you feel :).

That's why it's helpful to have communities likes these to encourage and support patients throughout their journey :).

Best wishes,

Bill

I just wanted to post my story for so many of us who really dont believe in a solution or at least a betterment of Hairloss.

We live in South Africa in Capetown and went to Johannesburg on a business trip. We stayed over at Cherry World Lodge and met Andrea and Alex.

They introduced us to the product HAY which is like a lotion. you apply it after your shower and leave it on till the next wash.

I didnt believe it but after 10 days i could see a hole lot of tiny hairs growing and Alex cant stop touching his head;o) It is now 2 weeks and i cant wait to see how he will look in 6 months time.

The product is available only at the Lodge but they post it too. I paid R 750.00 = $125.00 its 50ml bottle and lasts for 2 months.

Jenna,

If you want to share news about hair loss treatments you've tried, piggy backing off of someone else's topic is not the way to do it. Feel free to create your own topic to share.

However, by the sounds of your post and the fact that you've linked to a promotional website (which is in violoation of our terms of service), I suspect you're just here to spam our community. If you're serious about a new treatment you've tried that you're happy with, I encourage you to share your experience and before and after photos. But we don't allow promotional content or links here.

Best Regards,

Bill