Recipient Hair Growing Back - Question

Well, I'm at 2 1/2 months - that stage where you stare at your head and wonder what its all going to look like in the end.

So, the hairs are starting to come on in. And I have noticed that they are sprouting/growing in a diffuse manner. For instance, I'd say that they are sprouting at about 20 hairs/cm2 or so.

So my question for you guys that have been down this path is...did your hair also initially grow out in a diffuse manner and then later thicken as more grafts sprouted later on OR did your hairs grow back uniformly and then you got more density as the hairs thickened? Or was it both of these?

Windjc,

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal. While we'd all love for our new hair to grow in uniformly, thick and dark; transplanted hair will grow at different rates and times and typically start out fine and colorless. At 2.5 months, having any signs of hair growth is extraordinary. Know that transplanted hair regrowth is a slow, gradual process that takes up to a year to mature. In the meantime, hang in there :-)

Bill