How to wear laser cap post-op on a full(er) head of hair

As the time goes by post-op, there are no spots left and I am sceptical about wearing my laser cap on a full head of hair as the diodes "can't see" the follicles (apart from the front part of the hairline). What is the point of wearing a laser cap if the light cannot penetrate onto the scalp as it is blocked by the actual hair? Would hair pins work?

First world problems

• Administrators

Depending on the laser cap, yes it definitely helps. Do you have the original laser cap?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, GHTJourneya said:

As the time goes by post-op, there are no spots left and I am sceptical about wearing my laser cap on a full head of hair as the diodes "can't see" the follicles (apart from the front part of the hairline). What is the point of wearing a laser cap if the light cannot penetrate onto the scalp as it is blocked by the actual hair? Would hair pins work?

First world problems

I use the Capillus cap and from my understanding, the LEDs can penetrate through the follicle to the scalp. Not sure if this is 100% true or not, but I love using it and I feel like it has been of benefit. 

https://www.capillus.com/pages/capillus-pro

Edited by sunsurfhair

39 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Depending on the laser cap, yes it definitely helps. Do you have the original laser cap?

I have a device with 272 diodes by Kiierr, is the original by Capillus? Do you wear hair pins to split the hair on areas that are thicker, or do you just wear it as usual? My concern is that as the hair gets longer it blocks the light and the follicles receive less light

36 minutes ago, sunsurfhair said:

I use the Capillus cap and from my understanding, the LEDs can penetrate through the follicle to the scalp. Not sure if this is 100% true or not, but I love using it and I feel like it has been of benefit. 

https://www.capillus.com/pages/capillus-pro

My experience with my laser cap is also positive, but I would like some recommendation regarding how to wear the cap as the hair gets longer. My assumption is that longer and thicker hair blocks the light, so that we need to use hair pins to make the roots visible to the diodes