Beard Transplant Healing

Any users with beard transplants I was curious how the recipient area healed after procedure? Of course everyone is different and some men have more sensitive skin than others(my case) but with hair transplants that recipient area can have minor scarring(little marks/discoloration) so was curious if the recipient area of your beard hair had discoloration/marks/holes once you shaved down a year or so after procedure. Thank you

• Administrators

Do you mean hair extracted from the beard? Or hair transplanted to the beard?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you mean hair extracted from the beard? Or hair transplanted to the beard?

I mean like hair extracted from beard to fill in spots on the beard. So I guess when someone uses neck hair to fill in their facial hair denser. Does the hair put in the recipient area of the beard scar the area it was placed on the face a bit once you shave it down or does it look normal? Thanks for responding Melvin

Edited by JoDimaggio22

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I mean like hair extracted from beard to fill in spots on the beard. So I guess when someone uses neck hair to fill in their facial hair denser. Does the hair put in the recipient area of the beard scar the area it was placed on the face a bit once you shave it down or does it look normal? Thanks for responding Melvin

I have only had hair extracted from the beard, but not placed in the beard. So can’t answer how that looks, but I will say the extractions healed wonderfully. No visible scarring. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have only had hair extracted from the beard, but not placed in the beard. So can’t answer how that looks, but I will say the extractions healed wonderfully. No visible scarring. 

Really? Hmm. Well I assume the scarring from extractions would be worse so if it heals under the chin wonderfully then it probably heals well on the lower cheeks as well.

• 3 months later...

I’m with Melvin on this, It’s been just 10 days since my HT and I had over 1k grafts extracted from my beard. I can barely see any scarring, and my beard is already growing in pretty good. 

On 8/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, JoDimaggio22 said:

Really? Hmm. Well I assume the scarring from extractions would be worse so if it heals under the chin wonderfully then it probably heals well on the lower cheeks as well.

21 hours ago, ApexB said:

I’m with Melvin on this, It’s been just 10 days since my HT and I had over 1k grafts extracted from my beard. I can barely see any scarring, and my beard is already growing in pretty good. 

was it under the chin?