FueCapilar (Dr Gur) vs Eugenix (Dr.Arika Bansal)

8 hours ago, Grant Giller said:

FYI I just hit 8 months. My transplant looks amazing, I dont care what y'all say:

It really does look fantastic.  I’m now exactly 5 weeks post op with Dr Gur, hoping mine turns out just as good.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bump this thread, I have the same question. Obviously, nobody has been to both places, so we'll never get a true evaluation on the question... but I'm really leaning to Eugenix, Dr. Gur has results and they look great and the videos from Grant are excellent, it's just that Eugenix seems to me like such a well-oiled machine and folks here who have great experiences there are so detailed and numerous.

For Eugenix it's a bit more travel for me and doctor involvement is a bit less (exclusive package), but their method of slits then DHT and the tech team that goes to work in that process seems super competent from what I've seen. So that's very appealing. Bu then so do the results from Dr Gur, very soild and his techs clearly do adequate work

@NARMAK I know you're happy with your trip but have a couple pending issues at this point.... if you had it to do all over again would you do anything differently?

@Gatsby Obviously, you're stoked, great results. Do you ever think man maybe I could have gone to (insert alternate clinic)...

@Ryan Daniel I guess same questions to you as above, your results have been great and your detailed experience echos most all I read. Any second thoughts ever?

I guess that's it... would love to hear some thoughts on this or aspects of Eugenix that maybe got glossed over in your reviews that made it special for you or perhaps you think back and think that wasn't all that cool. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, ray35 said:

I'd like to bump this thread, I have the same question. Obviously, nobody has been to both places, so we'll never get a true evaluation on the question... but I'm really leaning to Eugenix, Dr. Gur has results and they look great and the videos from Grant are excellent, it's just that Eugenix seems to me like such a well-oiled machine and folks here who have great experiences there are so detailed and numerous.

For Eugenix it's a bit more travel for me and doctor involvement is a bit less (exclusive package), but their method of slits then DHT and the tech team that goes to work in that process seems super competent from what I've seen. So that's very appealing. Bu then so do the results from Dr Gur, very soild and his techs clearly do adequate work

@NARMAK I know you're happy with your trip but have a couple pending issues at this point.... if you had it to do all over again would you do anything differently?

@Gatsby Obviously, you're stoked, great results. Do you ever think man maybe I could have gone to (insert alternate clinic)...

@Ryan Daniel I guess same questions to you as above, your results have been great and your detailed experience echos most all I read. Any second thoughts ever?

I guess that's it... would love to hear some thoughts on this or aspects of Eugenix that maybe got glossed over in your reviews that made it special for you or perhaps you think back and think that wasn't all that cool. Thanks!

I'll specifically respond to the tagged part. 

I would have probably adjusted the temple point design very slightly to make them more symmetrical and i think i would have on the day before the surgery and night before talked to Dr Das and explain that i had paid for her to do crucial extraction and implantation because i cannot 100% confirm but am 99% sure that she didn't end up doing the frontal hairline and temple points. I think had i had the conversation beforehand that it was agreed with Eugenix that Dr Das would do that, it probably would have got honoured. 

So, a lesson in hindsight i would give to others is to speak up beforehand themselves. 

I guess as a side thing, probably not drink coffee on the day of surgery lol. I can't say it was the definitive cause of my blood oozing, but it probably didn't help. 

Eugenix are good and a solid outfit from when i went at least i can say, hospitality and going above what would normally be done to help me. Can't praise them enough on that. It's just the other external factors of getting a Visa to India that really hampered the process for me and if i knew how bad it was, i probably would have started the Visa process significantly earlier. 

Not sure how i would really do it post-pandemic when airline policies for re-arranging tickets aren't as good now and even if i wanted to go back, my personal circumstance in terms of getting a Visa is definitely a hassle. However, for those that can get to India, i'd say to still do all your research. Check reviews and make sure you feel confident you're going to the right place. There's plenty of places that were being praised and eventually went on a downhill trend and became a bit of a wary choice. I hope Eugenix continue to excel and i haven't overtly come across any latest cases with issues, but again, it's all part of your due diligence to be confident. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I'll specifically respond to the tagged part. 

I would have probably adjusted the temple point design very slightly to make them more symmetrical and i think i would have on the day before the surgery and night before talked to Dr Das and explain that i had paid for her to do crucial extraction and implantation because i cannot 100% confirm but am 99% sure that she didn't end up doing the frontal hairline and temple points. I think had i had the conversation beforehand that it was agreed with Eugenix that Dr Das would do that, it probably would have got honoured. 

So, a lesson in hindsight i would give to others is to speak up beforehand themselves. 

I guess as a side thing, probably not drink coffee on the day of surgery lol. I can't say it was the definitive cause of my blood oozing, but it probably didn't help. 

Eugenix are good and a solid outfit from when i went at least i can say, hospitality and going above what would normally be done to help me. Can't praise them enough on that. It's just the other external factors of getting a Visa to India that really hampered the process for me and if i knew how bad it was, i probably would have started the Visa process significantly earlier. 

Not sure how i would really do it post-pandemic when airline policies for re-arranging tickets aren't as good now and even if i wanted to go back, my personal circumstance in terms of getting a Visa is definitely a hassle. However, for those that can get to India, i'd say to still do all your research. Check reviews and make sure you feel confident you're going to the right place. There's plenty of places that were being praised and eventually went on a downhill trend and became a bit of a wary choice. I hope Eugenix continue to excel and i haven't overtly come across any latest cases with issues, but again, it's all part of your due diligence to be confident. 

Thanks very much, yeah that makes sense... I feel like I've definitely done that research and was thinking I'd certainly communicate clearly and be sure we were all on the same page. I like your results so far, you're definitely one of the people who have helped my conclusions particularly the fact that you're real about it and fair. Thanks again for the reply!

1 minute ago, ray35 said:

Thanks very much, yeah that makes sense... I feel like I've definitely done that research and was thinking I'd certainly communicate clearly and be sure we were all on the same page. I like your results so far, you're definitely one of the people who have helped my conclusions particularly the fact that you're real about it and fair. Thanks again for the reply!

You're welcome, and tbh. I feel like a big part of me sharing my journey is to give a true account of what i went through and not everybody experiences the exact same things but they can hopefully benefit from some parts and maybe help them on their journey. I particularly think looking back on things, the post-op period of Months 2-3 and even up to Month 4 for your first HT even taking others and what they say into account, living through that Ugly Duckling phase is psychologically something you might not fully be prepared for. I think in some ways i'm quite fortunate but i do think i'm slightly slow in some areas of growth and i don't think you can always regardless of who you go with always account for that. That's why it's important that you allow minimum of 12 months but maybe even up to 18 months. 

Who you go with though does i think also make a difference as we know with hair mills vs proper doctors/clinics. However some things are purely aesthetic choice and i very much was of the mind that i wanted a vert specific design for my hairline and talked to Dr Das and she was open to it. Whether your Dr will be open to it AND actually capable of executing that vision are two separate things. So also something to be wary of when choosing a surgeon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

8 hours ago, ray35 said:

Hi Ray,

My alternate clinic was BHR clinic with Dr Bisanga, simply because he does excellent natural density and world class graft extraction... however since I built a strong relationship with Eugenix and the doctors, I decided to put my faith in them.  I don't know what I would say regarding negatives at Eugenix. From my own experience, maybe I wish I had little more time in the office for consultation just to refresh things more and show things on the big screen about mapping and grafting plans. Otherwise, a good experience 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi Ray,

My alternate clinic was BHR clinic with Dr Bisanga, simply because he does excellent natural density and world class graft extraction... however since I built a strong relationship with Eugenix and the doctors, I decided to put my faith in them.  I don't know what I would say regarding negatives at Eugenix. From my own experience, maybe I wish I had little more time in the office for consultation just to refresh things more and show things on the big screen about mapping and grafting plans. Otherwise, a good experience 

Thanks RD, that makes sense. Appreciate the reply!

I just got back around 10 days ago from having my transplant done at Fuecapilar, it was with Dr Turan and I was very happy with the whole process. He didn’t do the extraction but he did the hairline design and implantation which was all good. Hospital and hotel were very nice, felt looked after and everyone was very friendly. 😄