Gur Clinic or Smile?

I do not trust the genuineness of @baldboywho registered 9 hours ago, nor of @dronay who registered a few hours before, it seems to me just a discussion created to ok to do a lot of publicity for this place that is a mill for hair .

Edited by ITA

H

10 minutes ago, ITA said:

I do not trust the genuineness of @baldboywho registered 9 hours ago, nor of @dronay who registered a few hours before, it seems to me just a discussion created to ok to do a lot of publicity for this place that is a mill for hair .

Haha nah mate. I’m from Canada, I don’t know who Dr. Onay is. I tried to google an only found an insta. 

@BaldyboyAnd forget it then, his words are the same as those of the many hair mill consultants: “ the doctor will do this, he will always be present, we use microscopes, the technicians are trained and have been working with us for a long time "and many other beautiful words, then, when you are there, you will find yourself in a rented room of a large hospital, surrounded by guys  of up to twenty years who will ruin your life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITA said:

@BaldyboyAnd forget it then, his words are the same as those of the many hair mill consultants: “ the doctor will do this, he will always be present, we use microscopes, the technicians are trained and have been working with us for a long time "and many other beautiful words, then, when you are there, you will find yourself in a rented room of a large hospital, surrounded by guys  of up to twenty years who will ruin your life.

Yah I don’t intend to go with him. I’ll be goin with a doc (at least as to what they tell me and what has happened with others).

You seem incredibly jaded, did you have a bad experience? 

Reason I’m choosing Turkey is bc I’ll be in Europe for 3 months this winter and everything kind of fits my schedule and budget. If there’s another option in Europe with a better doctor I’m all ears, but Dr.Gur seems to get good praise. We shall see

4 minutes ago, Baldyboy said:
5 minutes ago, Baldyboy said:

You seem incredibly jaded, did you have a bad experience? 

Yes, with a pseudo-clinic such as Longevita, Smile Clinic , and many others present in Turkey. 

just look for the mentioned clinic and dr that is mentioned here via search bar.

a lot of people here does exaggerate when we say hair mills will likely botch you, me included. But this is simply just a way of saying of what often happens.
the probability on hair mills might be like this (disclaimer, this is just from the many horror and or success story)

10% = great results! patients are very happy.
50% = okay result, you might or not be overharvested, but currently you are happy, since you have full looking front, probably thinned donor but doesn't look moth eaten
20% = less than desirable, looks kind of patchy, a lot of transection and many grafts died, possible overharvested donor, with your back looking moth eaten
13% = weird and pluggy hairline, looks unnatural if you look more than a few seconds.
7% = very very bad job, a botch.
NB: these are just guesstimates, just to give an image. do not use as a real scientific parameter.

i don't know the technician experience, whether they actually just pick a random 18 y.o desperate people to be technicians, or whatever unprofessionality might go on.

i also don't know if they do keep sterilization etc on the highest level, but many of these clinics ARE clean af. they have dedicated janitor and cleaner, place does usually looks chic and cool, and very beautiful looking. if anything, looks like a 4-5* hotel or luxury places.

i do know that many mills does employ a very strong marketing strategy, bought reviews, while discrediting, deleting, and or threatens bad reviews.
not gonna say which does which, because i don't have any insider info or concrete research on them as proof.

but i do know that many many have their life 'ruined' due to bad works, many fell into depression and spiraled. you can look on these cases here or other places as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mafpe said:

just look for the mentioned clinic and dr that is mentioned here via search bar.

a lot of people here does exaggerate when we say hair mills will likely botch you, me included. But this is simply just a way of saying of what often happens.
the probability on hair mills might be like this (disclaimer, this is just from the many horror and or success story)

10% = great results! patients are very happy.
50% = okay result, you might or not be overharvested, but currently you are happy, since you have full looking front, probably thinned donor but doesn't look moth eaten
20% = less than desirable, looks kind of patchy, a lot of transection and many grafts died, possible overharvested donor, with your back looking moth eaten
13% = weird and pluggy hairline, looks unnatural if you look more than a few seconds.
7% = very very bad job, a botch.
NB: these are just guesstimates, just to give an image. do not use as a real scientific parameter.

i don't know the technician experience, whether they actually just pick a random 18 y.o desperate people to be technicians, or whatever unprofessionality might go on.

i also don't know if they do keep sterilization etc on the highest level, but many of these clinics ARE clean af. they have dedicated janitor and cleaner, place does usually looks chic and cool, and very beautiful looking. if anything, looks like a 4-5* hotel or luxury places.

i do know that many mills does employ a very strong marketing strategy, bought reviews, while discrediting, deleting, and or threatens bad reviews.
not gonna say which does which, because i don't have any insider info or concrete research on them as proof.

but i do know that many many have their life 'ruined' due to bad works, many fell into depression and spiraled. you can look on these cases here or other places as well.

This seem accurate to me as well.

I’m not crazy about having a full, head of hair. I’ve been going bald for 20 years and just want some more density with a little better hairline.

I also enjoy the buzz look I have but with a better hairline I’d be super happy.

im also 6’4 so no one ever sees my head unless I’m sitting in my cubicle. 

I think everyone’s journey and reasons are different. This is what checks the majority of my boxes. I narrowed it down to two and just looking for advice on their. It appears Dr. Gur is the way to go but the exclusive package at Smile is enticing. 

• Administrators

Do you mean Dr. Gur from FUEcapilar? If so, yea I’ve seen good work from him. Bur you have to ask yourself. Are you basing these choices on results or money? Never let cost dictate your decision. Look at results first. We have our list of recommendations. I suggest using that as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you mean Dr. Gur from FUEcapilar? If so, yea I’ve seen good work from him. Bur you have to ask yourself. Are you basing these choices on results or money? Never let cost dictate your decision. Look at results first. We have our list of recommendations. I suggest using that as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

Yes Gokhan Gur.

Thanks I’ll take a look!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyboy said:

This seem accurate to me as well.

I’m not crazy about having a full, head of hair. I’ve been going bald for 20 years and just want some more density with a little better hairline.

I also enjoy the buzz look I have but with a better hairline I’d be super happy.

im also 6’4 so no one ever sees my head unless I’m sitting in my cubicle. 

I think everyone’s journey and reasons are different. This is what checks the majority of my boxes. I narrowed it down to two and just looking for advice on their. It appears Dr. Gur is the way to go but the exclusive package at Smile is enticing. 

Then basically its back to the risk ratio. For better reviewed docs, they say the success rate is around 95%. Might be overscored, but i suppose its like 70% chance of good result, 10% of really great one, 15% of somewhere in between decent and less than good, with 5% bad work rate.

Do keep in mind if you do need a repair of a bad work, the cost easily triple/quadrupled. And you have limited hair supply, in which once all used, you cannot do any more transplant since you literally don't have any left.