Need to decide between Dr Yaman & Cosmedica

MirzaB

Hello All,

I am located in US. I have been diagnosed with norwood V stage of baldness, need to decide which one to pick - Dr Yaman or Cosmedica.

Both of them quoted same no of grafts , Cosmedica is saying they recommend using beard hair as well to blend.

Wondering if someone has prior experience with either of clinics and share there thoughts ?

Yaman is forum reccomended and has been producing excellent results. As you have advanced baldness, you need to be realistic about expectations.

What a lot of our suffering brothers do, is restore the hairline and frontal third in their first ht and work on the crown in subsequent ones.

Edited by StillAlive

Yaman from what I gather is one of the only surgeons on the forum recommended list that is getting more consistently poor results. I’ve noticed a downward trend with his recent results.

Cosmedica is a hair mill, the likelihood of you getting botched there is way to high. Turkey is a risky game and they have very strong marketing skills, not skills for hair transplants

You are a advanced case. Norwood’s 5 can get strong dense results but they have to do it right from the start. You won’t be able to find anyone in Turkey with skills for Norwood 5.

Can you share some photos? And are you on medication like Finasteride or Minoxidil?

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, MirzaB said:

Hello All,

I am located in US. I have been diagnosed with norwood V stage of baldness, need to decide which one to pick - Dr Yaman or Cosmedica.

Both of them quoted same no of grafts , Cosmedica is saying they recommend using beard hair as well to blend.

Wondering if someone has prior experience with either of clinics and share there thoughts ?

What has led you to narrow down your selection to these two clinics only?

• Like 1

Hello ,

Some of my staff used to work at COSMETICA. I can easily recommend that clinic to you in Turkey. A clinic that cares about sterilization.

If you share your photos and information such as age, I can offer you a second doctor's opinion. You can easily compare.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

Yaman has good results at decent prices, and he cares about his patients and there is always doctor involvement in his hair transplants. I do not know a lot about cosmetica. So bettween these two i would select Yaman, who is also forum reccomeded.

40 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

Yaman has good results at decent prices, and he cares about his patients and there is always doctor involvement in his hair transplants. I do not know a lot about cosmetica. So bettween these two i would select Yaman, who is also forum reccomeded.

I'm sorry, Yaman has been responsible for some poor results. Forum recommended or not.

12 minutes ago, RTC said:

I'm sorry, Yaman has been responsible for some poor results. Forum recommended or not.

he has also good results. All doctors have some "not good results", you may have seen or not. My opinion is that he is very good value for the money he charges.

Edited by Gramatik

3 hours ago, dronay said:

Hello ,

Some of my staff used to work at COSMETICA. I can easily recommend that clinic to you in Turkey. A clinic that cares about sterilization.

If you share your photos and information such as age, I can offer you a second doctor's opinion. You can easily compare.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

Sterilization has been a staple of modern medicine for a century. 

I'm not even sure if you're sarcastic or not. 

Choosing a low-quality hair mill because they allegedly take care of sterilization is ridiculous.

What's next? recommendations based on the availability of electricity?

• Haha 3

It may sound ridiculous to you, but I have seen Hair Transplantation centers that work without gloves. You can even look at the instagram photos of some Hair Transplant Centers. As a doctor, I can easily notice that the gloves of the technicians are Non-Sterile during transplantation. (Because sterile gloves are more expensive than non-sterile gloves.)

This is a very simple sterilization example. I have examined many infective and necrotic patients. They had operations in different centers without a doctor and came to me for examination. I tried to help them regain their health by applying antibiotic treatments and hyperbaric oxygen therapy in combination. (As a doctor in my country, you should examine the patient free of charge and write a prescription in cases that threaten human health.)

Best regards.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

• Sad 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Same thing as the rest of us : limited budget and a healthy propensity for risk and adventure : D

There are other clinics that won't break the bank that might give you better options. I love a bit of risk & adventure as much as the next guy, but joking aside, it's a surgery and it's your head. Better to spend more time saving up than taking unnecessary risks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

There are other clinics that won't break the bank that might give you better options. I love a bit of risk & adventure as much as the next guy, but joking aside, it's a surgery and it's your head. Better to spend more time saving up than taking unnecessary risks.

Imagine taking such a risk that will have a permanent effect on your looks and potentially ruin your life, just to save a few thousand dollars.

Yet people gladly spend thousands on the latest new gadgets, cars, whatever.

Mind-boggling. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Yaman from what I gather is one of the only surgeons on the forum recommended list that is getting more consistently poor results. I’ve noticed a downward trend with his recent results.

Cosmedica is a hair mill, the likelihood of you getting botched there is way to high. Turkey is a risky game and they have very strong marketing skills, not skills for hair transplants

You are a advanced case. Norwood’s 5 can get strong dense results but they have to do it right from the start. You won’t be able to find anyone in Turkey with skills for Norwood 5.

Can you share some photos? And are you on medication like Finasteride or Minoxidil?

- yes uusing finasteride to stablize the loss

Edited by MirzaB