Consultation with Dr Feller

I asked this before because I think it will give you the best peace of mind on this experience, and give more context to the situation. Did you reveal your shock/horror/disappointment to Dr. Feller in any way? I would be equal parts mystified and disappointed if I was in your spot and the process as a whole went down as you described above; and I know that if I didn't seek out direct answers for resolution it would only fester in my mind.

I remember when I had my first consultation and was given a low graft target and expectations inferior to what I had deemed my "salvation" -- I was extremely angry, if not devastated. Things turned around when I got resolution by finding out why I was told what I was told, and, at the same time, looking into *other* options...1 doc's opinion isn't necessarily the be-all/end-all of your fate.

I have no idea how accurate this interaction between you and Dr. Feller is:

(DR FELLER: I would never do just 500 grafts on such a large area. It will take at least 2000. A hair transplant is the cure for you. Make an appointment to see me and get repaired. Stop wasting your time with junk that doesn't work and do something about your hairloss.

DR FELLER: If you don't want to be repaired it proves you are a fake and a phony. Who wouldn't want to be repaired in your situation? I've seen your pics. I know I can fix you up. Come one in and we'll document it, take photos, and show the forum an awesome change.

DR FELLER: See? He's a phony. Doesn't want to be cured even when I tell him I can do it.)

But it seems pretty black&white and extreme, and I have a very hard time believing Dr. Feller actually took that approach and positioned the situation as such. If it's true, or you believe it to be true, it's more obvious why you'd feel such anger and disappointment once you took a leap of faith only to have your faith nuked in a matter of moments. I only recollect vagueness about the threads I think you're referencing, but I'm sure Dr. Feller has his own recollection of things.

Also, while I feel Dr. Feller's reputation deserved the backup that he got, and he should not be maligned for any of the circumstances you stated, I can say I'm disappointed you weren't met with better empathy in this thread at first. I stand by all that I initially said, and feel it's in your ultimate best interest, but I do wish I offered an additional angle of support for your situation as a whole, which I held back at the time I posted.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Be Happy

You may not like my text here, but what I will tell you is undisputed fact.

One of the most serious mistake we can make is to confuse the thing we call 'intelligence' with another thing called 'judgment'. The two do not always, or necessarily, go together, because many persons with high general intelligence have notoriously poor judgment. Relax, I don't mean you. I don't imply anything about you.

I am telling you this has been researched and it is a fact. Many scientist know that ,generally speaking,(random choice) the larger the group the lower the intelligence level. When you expand a group of one hundred into a thousand, the intelligence curve flattens for the group as a whole (fact),Because of this phenomenon, one may say, that this kind of forum, which is very large by numbers, is unworkable and self ??“defeating??¦because how can we expect to rule ourselves rationally and wisely?

But intelligence is not related directly to judgment as such!_ a fact that maybe is known to many wife's of many intellectual man. For instance, it has also been proven by extensive psychological tests that the larger the group, THE BETTER THE JUDGEMENT!If you ask dozen persons to estimate the weight of a telephone, for example, the answers will vary widely, and the median answer is likely to be quite inaccurate. But, if you ask100 persons, and then double that again??¦and again??¦by the time you asked a thousand persons, the excesses on both sides have canceled each other out, and the median answer will be uncannily accurate.

So, what all the history with your posts here and all replies to them, have to do with anything? 25 Surgeries man?!

I feel for you. I actually in a way have the same problem.

Solve it easy. Don't let that be a problem to you or bother you any more.Say enough!

Take care man

It looks like this thread got real ugly real quick with personal insults and character asassinations. Some of the blatant attacking posts and replies to them have been removed.

BeHappy,

I feel for you. But it sounds like your anger is misplaced and I suspect after your last post that you're holding a grudge against Dr. Feller for previous laser debates which have nothing to do with your consult.

Dr. Feller also tells me that a lot of the information you shared in your initial and subsequent posts regarding the facts of the consultation are false. So either you misinterpreted some of the information he gave you, or you are lying to attempt to harm Dr. Feller's excellent reputation. Stating knowingly false information is a direct violation of our terms of service.

The bottom line is that Dr. Feller gave you his medical input and you are not happy with it. Whether you agree with him or not, I see nothing wrong with his advice.

There is no point in continuing this senseless debate. I wish you the best of luck in getting the best repair possible. But dragging this thread out is like beating a dead horse.

Please also refrain from starting a new topic to discuss this.

It's time to move on to other topics.

Bill