Line of discolored dots from anesthesia

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I feel like it has not changed. I kind of suspect that it could be permanent/or will stay longer than expected. Maybe I have some ‘pigment disorder’ which makes me discolor when skin gets ‘damaged’. I will give it more time since it doesn’t bother me that much. If it is not getting better I will ask Dr Mwamba if I can treat it with laser down the road. But right now I do not want to intervene with the healing and growth process on my head. 7A097547-B6F1-4715-AB6F-B0073FAEF888.thumb.png.52f2ccfaf0c043672bd440c72edefc4f.png

• Administrators

@Rolandas this was the thread I was trying to find in our live. 

@SteveUrkel02 it looks lighter, so that’s encouraging. How many grafts did you get removed. I’ve zoomed in and tried to find any extractions and can’t find them. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I cant believe your post op donor. I also am laughing at reading the comments and melvins responses. I can completely see why.

By any chance you were outside much after your surgery? It could be some bruising in combination with your skin fighting the sun rays. I think it fades slowly over time but could be some sort of reaction?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

20 minutes ago, Vann said:

I cant believe your post op donor. I also am laughing at reading the comments and melvins responses. I can completely see why.

By any chance you were outside much after your surgery? It could be some bruising in combination with your skin fighting the sun rays. I think it fades slowly over time but could be some sort of reaction?

I was even trying not to be outside for a long time , especially in sunlight. It has definitely got to do with the sunlight imo. I feel really really good about the fact that my dots are not really visible since I love to keep my donor very short or even shaven.

8 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

I was even trying not to be outside for a long time , especially in sunlight. It has definitely got to do with the sunlight imo. I feel really really good about the fact that my dots are not really visible since I love to keep my donor very short or even shaven.

Do you know when you first noticed it? I read it could take up to 3-4 months to become less noticeable. I am not sure if that its true or just internet things. But since your surgeon sounded pretty confident that it will fade away. I think only time will tell. Overall, it is just a small cog in the final work.

Edited by Vann

2 minutes ago, Vann said:

Do you know when you first noticed it? I read it could take up to 3-4 months to become less noticeable. I am not sure if that its true or just internet things. But since your surgeon sounded pretty confident that it will fade away. I think only time will tell. Overall, it is just a small cog in the final work.

I noticed it pretty soon after my surgery. Probably some days after I arrived back home. I actually read that these hyperpigmentations can take 2-3 years to fade fully. 

31 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

I noticed it pretty soon after my surgery. Probably some days after I arrived back home. I actually read that these hyperpigmentations can take 2-3 years to fade fully. 

I sorta had this happen after I did a derma rolling once at the derm. It only lasted about a month. But it was a lot smaller than yours. So who knows?

44 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Did you even have an HT? Lol there is like no scarring at all. Would love to see it grown out but wow. Don’t know if it is a skin color contrast thing or just you heal incredibly but wow

I will grow it out from now . It might be a combination of both 

• Like 1