Are clinics held to a high enough standard?

Are clinics held to a high enough standard?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a random thought whilst lurking the forum and sipping my coffee. We sing from the rooftops when a good result is achieved, praise the amazing clinic or surgeon. Yet when a poor result is achieved, it's more often than not blamed on physiology, patient regimen or the mysterious 'x factor'. Sure in some circumstances this might be the case. But I'm not sure if I'm buying it completely. We've seen the consistency surgeons are able to achieve from the likes of Konior, De Freitas and Bisanga. Are they just lucky and always get patients who don't have the mysterious 'x factor'? I don't think so. But as long as we continue to excuse or glaze over poor to average results, sub standard clinics will never be forced to raise their games. 

Edited by BananaMan84
  • Well Done 1

I think the standard you should base on is of yourself, from what your research shown.

To begin with, we do not have a certain standard of "grafts must be ____", "treatment require ____", "everything should be done by doctor", etc.
Take the member's and forum recommendation with a grain of salt, if you think they are a good fit, you can go forward with it, otherwise you're just going because 'other people said so!'. Do your own research and reach your own decision.

i get your point, but to ascertain them we'll need a standard to begin with. people could say "doctors who are ethical!", but everyone have different opinion on ethics.
i get your sentiments though, the reason at times i say the many forum members are biased is because of what you said, where if it's a hair mill that got a great result, "you got lucky", and if a great clinic have a poor result, "there should be an underlying condition, or bad luck of one in a hundred case". While there are truth to these sentiments, they are not always the case.

I sort of agree. I’ve noticed that when it’s a non-recommended Turkish clinic, folks are quick to jump the “botch train”. Though it usually is no good tbf. That said there is a clear double standard…

My issue is that when a clinic is respected on here and does err — people are always quick to defend to them and instead blame the patient in insane cases (e.g. over harvesting, bad planning, doctor going home early) and demanding they wait until the full 12 months to judge. Funny enough, the same people who blame the patient disappear once it’s abundantly clear growth is poor. It’s just a sign people can’t accept that their favorite doctor did a poor job — which happens, we’re all human — but it’s a sad sight to see and no use to patients who had a bad experience. 

Anyways, people should still go to top doctors. It’s your best chance to not get botched. The best doctors will usually take accountability and do what’s needed to make wrongs right.

See Couto recently who offered a touch-up when the result was not heading the right direction before 8 months. The other three you mentioned are incredible doctors and take their time with each patient; they don’t outsource majority of their work to techs and will remain with their patient in the room at all times. They also treat it like an art and actually spend time planning + factor in directionality when implanting. That ought to be the standard…

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, mafpe said:

I think the standard you should base on is of yourself, from what your research shown.

To begin with, we do not have a certain standard of "grafts must be ____", "treatment require ____", "everything should be done by doctor", etc.
Take the member's and forum recommendation with a grain of salt, if you think they are a good fit, you can go forward with it, otherwise you're just going because 'other people said so!'. Do your own research and reach your own decision.

i get your point, but to ascertain them we'll need a standard to begin with. people could say "doctors who are ethical!", but everyone have different opinion on ethics.
i get your sentiments though, the reason at times i say the many forum members are biased is because of what you said, where if it's a hair mill that got a great result, "you got lucky", and if a great clinic have a poor result, "there should be an underlying condition, or bad luck of one in a hundred case". While there are truth to these sentiments, they are not always the case.

The topic of ethics is another issue I have. Again, surgeons are lauded on here for being ethical. They are doctors who earn obscene money. Being ethical shouldn't be seen as some gold standard, it should be seen as the bare minimum!

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 6:41 AM, Buck Naked said:

On here, they're held to a high standard. On Reddit, no. Lots of people shilling for hair mills on Reddit. It's the wild west there. 

The hair loss subs on reddit are an abomination, it's a swirl that's for sure. For the sake of my mental health, I don't go there. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 4 weeks later...