Does taking DHT blocker affect other body hair?

Danzig323

Do you think taking propecia or avodart can affect your body hair, like chest or beard hair? If you are in your early 20s probably you are not fully developed with hairs, can taking this drugs affect your growth?

Thank you.

Edited by Danzig323

• Moderators

Yes. I took finasteride for about 11 years from 1998 to 2009. It thinned out my body hair. Since I stopped taking it years ago, my body hair has been increasing since and even now in 2022 I am still seeing new body hair grow in.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Apparently dht blockers do nothing to prevent facial hair loss. Which sucks. Its like nature is playing a joke on men with MPB

But on the flip side, i dont think dht blockers are directly tied to facial hair loss.

And facial hair loss is often not progressive, does not have a pattern, etc. 

Still sucks tho ppl cant just take Fin and have the peace of mind that its helping with hair all over

Facial hair looks the same but i would argue it grows slightly slower which isn't a bad thing imo and reduced hair thickness on the cheat and arm hair. That's a damn win to me lol.