Recommended financing for HT

Hi,

Wanted to quickly ask for specific recommendations on financing for a HT. There can be various different ways to pay for a HT, but I would like this post to be about financing through loans and/or credit cards. My personal plan is to of course use some saved money, but since I plan to have a massive HT done, it's costing a pretty penny...and I want to spread that over at least the year after the HT is actually performed. 

Generic personal loans can have high interest rates or are difficult to get for some people with not as deep of a credit history. It seems that credit cards with 0% APR for 12 or 15 months are a great way to do it...so can anyone recommend specific cards that are likely to give at least a couple thousand dollars lines of credit from the very start? CareCredit has been mentioned but unfortunately it appears it is only taken in the USA and so can't be used at international clinics.

• Administrators

I applied for a 10K dollar credit card with 0% APR for 24 months. Now, this requires excellent credit. But if you have good credit, you can basically have your pick of banks that are willing to give you a credit card. I suggest shopping around to see which gives the best rates and credit limit.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Hi,

Wanted to quickly ask for specific recommendations on financing for a HT. There can be various different ways to pay for a HT, but I would like this post to be about financing through loans and/or credit cards. My personal plan is to of course use some saved money, but since I plan to have a massive HT done, it's costing a pretty penny...and I want to spread that over at least the year after the HT is actually performed. 

Generic personal loans can have high interest rates or are difficult to get for some people with not as deep of a credit history. It seems that credit cards with 0% APR for 12 or 15 months are a great way to do it...so can anyone recommend specific cards that are likely to give at least a couple thousand dollars lines of credit from the very start? CareCredit has been mentioned but unfortunately it appears it is only taken in the USA and so can't be used at international clinics.

Care credit is one of the most well known. I used Lending Club Patient Solutions for my first HT. Go with whatever gives you the longest window of 0% interest payments. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I applied for a 10K dollar credit card with 0% APR for 24 months. Now, this requires excellent credit. But if you have good credit, you can basically have your pick of banks that are willing to give you a credit card. I suggest shopping around to see which gives the best rates and credit limit.

Right…and for younger people like me without a built up excellent credit, we only get approved for smaller credit limits to start; like $1,000. Even though my income is sufficiently high and my housing payment low ($0 bc still living w/fam to save money) and therefore income:housing ratio excellent, doesn’t matter enough. Most credit cards will start at low limits and tell you to ask for increases after a few months. And the more cards you apply for the more your credit score takes a (temporary) hit, making you less likely to be approved for the total limit you’d like, so it’s actually a lot trickier than it seems. 

I guess there’s no better way than just applying and trying. I might also be able to acquire a low interest loan since I have a great history with an auto loan from 2 years ago, but that doesn’t seem as ideal because guaranteed interest likely immediately as soon as the term begins. 

Edited by general-etwan