Dr Arshad Hair Dr - 15 month review

I was going to wait another 3 months and do a final 18 months review but this is good enough for me.
I have been able to grow out my hair and it’s still growing past 6 inches. It’s full and thick, the crown is now filled in perfectly.

I’m just getting on with my life now, job done. A massive thank you to all the team at Hair Dr and Dr Arshad.
Happy to respond to genuine patients post or pre procedure in order to give advice and help.

You can review my before images on my profile in my initial post.

Thank you
Jon

IMG_5065 copy.jpeg

IMG_5059 copy.jpeg

IMG_5060.jpeg

IMG_5061 copy.jpeg

Edited by Jon Goodall
  • Like 3

• Jon Goodall changed the title to Dr Arshad Hair Dr - 15 month review
11 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

Man that is an AMAZING result, nobody could even guess you wrestled with hair loss. 

You give us all hope!

I certainly did for over a decade until enough was enough. But yes there is hope, you just gotta stick with it! I've still got another 3 months to go really until it's all fully developed. It takes time. This is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It's priceless.

• Like 1

Just now, Jon Goodall said:

I certainly did for over a decade until enough was enough. But yes there is hope, you just gotta stick with it! I've still got another 3 months to go really until it's all fully developed. It takes time. This is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It's priceless.

If it helps to compare, here's a shot of before my procedure 🙄

IMG_2954 copy.JPG

IMG_29492jpg.jpg

Just now, Z-- said:

10/10 result. Insane transformation!! Congrats

Thanks so much 🙏 it's a lonely monthly/yearly process and nice to finally be getting some lovely feedback for you guys.

It's not down to me though, it's down to the clinic really.

• Administrators

Wow absolutely amazing. I’ve been continuously impressed by Dr. Arshad’s crown work 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That’s a fantastic result. I went to see Dr Arshad yesterday for my 13 month review. He’s arranging a top up for the front, as it’s not as dense as it could be. Your result fills me with confidence. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Seriously impressive crown results. How many grafts got placed there?

I had 2000 on the back working through the sides with 1500 at the front. I already had a bit of hair to work into at the crown so it's a bit denser than it would have been if I was completely bald. In a strong daylight you can see my scalp but you can on most people I guess, natural.

13 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

That’s a fantastic result. I went to see Dr Arshad yesterday for my 13 month review. He’s arranging a top up for the front, as it’s not as dense as it could be. Your result fills me with confidence. 

It's all down to the density of your grafts I believe. My grafts form the back of my head were super thick with lots of hairs on only one graft. I remember him getting quite excited when extracting them 😆

It's great that he can top up your hairline though, I'm sure you'll end up with great results.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow absolutely amazing. I’ve been continuously impressed by Dr. Arshad’s crown work 🙌🏼

Thanks Melvin, I'm so pleased with my hair, I'm gonna keeping growing it. I'm aiming for a Dave Grohl look! 😄

The idea of me saying that would have only been in a dream a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

@Jon GoodallAre you on any meds by the way? Our before hair looks similar, only a bit reversed (I have a thicker crown with more pronounced loss in the front) but I've been quoted between 3500-4000 grafts for coverage. And I guess I should stop worrying about potential shock loss of the healthy hair -that's my one fear about the process, that somehow, transplanting amongst existing hair will damage it- judging by your excellent result!

7 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

@Jon GoodallAre you on any meds by the way? Our before hair looks similar, only a bit reversed (I have a thicker crown with more pronounced loss in the front) but I've been quoted between 3500-4000 grafts for coverage. And I guess I should stop worrying about potential shock loss of the healthy hair -that's my one fear about the process, that somehow, transplanting amongst existing hair will damage it- judging by your excellent result!

Hey, yes I take 1mg of Finasteride every morning along with the Hair Dr Spray which contains 6% monoxide and 0.2% Finasteride to really get into my scalp.
I also take biotin every morning.

Don't forget, everyones hair follicles are different, either thicker or thinner so the amount of grafts needed per patient don't relate. 
If you've gone to a good clinic, then I'm sure they've quoted you accurately as you want to make sure you get the coverage you need.
When I had my first talk with Hair Dr it was lock down and we did an initial consultation on screen. But when I when in person they realised I needed an extra 1000 grafts.

They made sure I got what was right for me for complete coverage. It was a relief tbh. 
If you're concerned about money, well all I can say is for me it's priceless.

I was lucky because my donor area was abundant with thick follicles. They found some grafts with more than 4 hairs in the follicle. 

Personally I didn't experience any shock loss. But if you do, your hair natural hair should grow back.
When you see your hair when it comes out in the bathroom, you think you see the follicle at the base right? that's not the actual base follicle.
The dermal papilla is always grounded and stays to grow back your hair.

Guys if I'm wrong about any of the above then please correct me, I'm not a doctor so don't hold me liable.
I'm just going by my own enduring experiences.

Really hope this helps 😊

• Like 1