how much dht does 0.5 dutasteride once a week along with finasteride the rest of the days block?

if i use fin 6x a week and dutasteride 1x a week, how much dht am i blocking long term?

dutasteride is said to block 50% scalp dht, would 1x a week along with fin the other days achieve this?

Depends on individual’s levels but you would be pretty much nuking all your DHT which is not needed or smart.

Finasteride has a long half life and dutasteride has even longer. You are taking two different blockers, you know what that means for your DHT levels

Why would you do this though? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Depends on individual’s levels but you would be pretty much nuking all your DHT which is not needed or smart.

Finasteride has a long half life and dutasteride has even longer. You are taking two different blockers, you know what that means for your DHT levels

Why would you do this though? 

to not end up a slaphead lol

• Haha 1

Theoretically it should allow you to block more than taking just finasteride but less than taking dutasteride every day. It's best to do blood work test before taking finasteride, then do it again after taking only finasteride for a while and then add dutasteride and do blood work again.

In my case, my DHT levels were like that (standard level is 250-990):
1. Before taking any meds: over 2657, scale of a blood work test ended so potentially it was enormously high
2. 0,33 mg finasteride daily: 2578,6
3. 1 mg finasteride daily: 2380,2 (theoretically it should block around 70%)
4. 0,33 mg finasteride 6x a week + 0,5 mg dutasteride 1x a week: 790,2

Funny thing is that if we assume finasteride blocks around 70% of DHT and dutasteride around 90% then my natural level of DHT was around 8000 (when standard is 250-990).

Theoretically you could take just dutasteride 1x a week but I take low dose of finasteride daily hoping that it makes my hormones more stable (because dutasteride is taken rarely).

Btw. it's best to control not only DHT but testosteron, free testosteron, estradiol, shbg, prolactin, progresteron too.

Edited by hairywannabe

As I said in previous post, it's good to test DHT, testosteron, free testosteron, estradiol, shbg, prolactin, progresterone. You can read a little about changes can occur after taking finasteride here: https://moreplatesmoredates.com/post-finasteride-syndrome/ (especially "Unaddressed Estrogen Imbalance" part). If you have high estrogen, shbg, prolactin and low testosterone, free testosterone then you can expect more side effects.

Edited by hairywannabe

5 hours ago, hairywannabe said:

Theoretically it should allow you to block more than taking just finasteride but less than taking dutasteride every day. It's best to do blood work test before taking finasteride, then do it again after taking only finasteride for a while and then add dutasteride and do blood work again.

In my case, my DHT levels were like that (standard level is 250-990):
1. Before taking any meds: over 2657, scale of a blood work test ended so potentially it was enormously high
2. 0,33 mg finasteride daily: 2578,6
3. 1 mg finasteride daily: 2380,2 (theoretically it should block around 70%)
4. 0,33 mg finasteride 6x a week + 0,5 mg dutasteride 1x a week: 790,2

Funny thing is that if we assume finasteride blocks around 70% of DHT and dutasteride around 90% then my natural level of DHT was around 8000 (when standard is 250-990).

Theoretically you could take just dutasteride 1x a week but I take low dose of finasteride daily hoping that it makes my hormones more stable (because dutasteride is taken rarely).

Btw. it's best to control not only DHT but testosteron, free testosteron, estradiol, shbg, prolactin, progresteron too.

gaw damn, if your dht levels were that high and you were experiencing hair loss, brining it down to 790, your hair loss should be much more stable

I dont think the DHT level in your body has something to do with the baldness or the rate of hairloss.  You could have low DHT but still be balding fast. It is more about sensitivity of hair follicles and not amount.

not sure how to measure that tho 

Probably you can have so high sensitivity of hair follicles that even when you have low DHT you will still be balding fast. On the other hand, probably you can have let's say an average sensitivity of hair follicles and then changing your DHT levels from high to normal can be crucial for balding. I think it's always a case study, a matter of specific person's organism.

Edited by hairywannabe

3 hours ago, hairywannabe said:

Probably you can have so high sensitivity of hair follicles that even when you have low DHT you will still be balding fast. On the other hand, probably you can have let's say an average sensitivity of hair follicles and then changing your DHT levels from high to normal can be crucial for balding. I think it's always a case study, a matter of specific person's organism.

oh, i get what your saying.

3 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I dont think the DHT level in your body has something to do with the baldness or the rate of hairloss.  You could have low DHT but still be balding fast. It is more about sensitivity of hair follicles and not amount.

not sure how to measure that tho 

yeah, well reducing dht obviously does help, otherwise finasteride wouldn’t work for people, however, it all depends on the individual and idk how to measure it either

4 hours ago, hairywannabe said:

As I said in previous post, it's good to test DHT, testosteron, free testosteron, estradiol, shbg, prolactin, progresterone. You can read a little about changes can occur after taking finasteride here: https://moreplatesmoredates.com/post-finasteride-syndrome/ (especially "Unaddressed Estrogen Imbalance" part). If you have high estrogen, shbg, prolactin and low testosterone, free testosterone then you can expect more side effects.

He contradicts himself on some things, he said testosterone   also causes hair loss albeit to a much lesser extent than dht which is true . But his test was like nearly 2.5 times  higher than the largest value on the normal range . So he kept pushing  you need ru on top of fin/dut to completely halt hair loss, because of the spike in test on the scalp . But most people don’t blast gear and have those extreme values. But in his new hair loss stack he just takes dutasteride and No topical anti-androgen to combat this problem . Which leads me to believe he was just trying to push an agenda to make people buy ru as he was affiliated with most of the companies producing it . He is right about blood-work though, don’t get why people don’t get it done.

• Like 1

Well, from a logical perspective this is true - if DHT and testosterone makes you balding (even though testosterone is way less impactful) then to prevent this as much as it's possible you should address both things, can't see anything wrong in this statement. Other thing is how impactful is any of those in a specific case (a particular body). Our attitudes and med stacks change when time goes, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I've sent this link to give a brief view on what hormones can change after taking finasteride and I think it's good to have this knowledge to begin with. In my country dermatologists prescribe DHT blockers without recommending doing blood work tests and I think it's really dangerous thing.

Edited by hairywannabe

2 hours ago, hairywannabe said:

Well, from a logical perspective this is true - if DHT and testosterone makes you balding (even though testosterone is way less impactful) then to prevent this as much as it's possible you should address both things, can't see anything wrong in this statement. Other thing is how impactful is any of those in a specific case (a particular body). Our attitudes and med stacks change when time goes, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I've sent this link to give a brief view on what hormones can change after taking finasteride and I think it's good to have this knowledge to begin with. In my country dermatologists prescribe DHT blockers without recommending doing blood work tests and I think it's really dangerous thing.

I think you misunderstood what I said , my point was that he doesn’t even use a topical anti androgen any more and just dutasteride. He in my opinion was just pushing it to sell ru because he would get a commission from the carriers . Why would he stop ru now all of sudden if he was preaching he needed to address the Huge rise in testosterone  as he is in on gear. They’re  all trying to sell something YouTubers and hence at times spout stuff to suit their agenda. While what he said is true, I find it weird he suddenly dropped it all of sudden. His situation hasn’t changed, he still blasting gear and said without ru he was shedding like mad while being on dutasteride  before,  now doesn’t even use it. What happened to addressing this ? As I said while he offers good advice a lot of people need to sell stuff and hence make it fir their narrative when they want