Turkey Transplant recommendations?

Mars19

I had a FUT in the U.S back in 2016, 3200 grafts at a leading clinic. My hair loss has progressed and decided to get another transplant to add more density to the front scalp and vertex. I’m wanting to get another 3200-3600 grafts(or whatever is recommended). Because I’ve already had a transplant and getting a FUE is going to deplete my donor further, I am doing extensive research on clinics/surgeons that are safe, particularly in Turkey. I’ve decided to get it in Turkey because of the lower cost, I was quoted nearly 20k (for FUT) in the US and about 10k in Turkey from HLC-FUE.

I recently saw someone on here post a negative review about HLC having botched their transplant and was wondering if you would still consider them a good choice or if you have a better recommendation in Turkey. 

Edited by Mars19

25 minutes ago, Mars19 said:

I had a FUT in the U.S back in 2016, 3200 grafts at a leading clinic. My hair loss has progressed and decided to get another transplant to add more density to the front scalp and vertex. I’m wanting to get another 3200-3600 grafts(or whatever is recommended). Because I’ve already had a transplant and getting a FUE is going to deplete my donor further, I am doing extensive research on clinics/surgeons that are safe, particularly in Turkey. I’ve decided to get it in Turkey because of the lower cost, I was quoted nearly 20k (for FUT) in the US and about 10k in Turkey from HLC-FUE.

I recently saw someone on here post a negative review about HLC having botched their transplant and was wondering if you would still consider them a good choice or if you have a better recommendation in Turkey. 

Are you on medication mainly Finasteride or dutasteride . Also pictures of your donor and current recipient Area would help to see what doctor be best for you

Edited by sukh123

13 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Are you on medication mainly Finasteride or dutasteride . Also pictures of your donor and current recipient Area would help to see what doctor be best for you

I’ve been on Finastride for 9 years and topical Minoxidil for the same.  Added pic of donor area (hair grown out) and recipient area. I’m 31yo 

75C7A5DB-BFB1-49E0-909B-B1275623E957.jpeg

F8472173-E05F-4ECD-842C-1839A505DC1D.jpeg

Edited by Mars19

• Valued Contributor

Personally I would stay on the meds and keep saving until you can afford a surgeon who vest suited for your results. Remember these results are for you to look in the mirror at for the rest of your life. Take your time and all the best in your research.

• Like 1

Fut means you have enough grafts in the bank ,and donor looks good . You say it has progressed despite being on fin, so you might want to consider dutasteride. Hlc do good work tbh, seen some excellent result here  and also some subpars, but like all clinics you get that. You could look at bisanga ,de Freitas and mwamba too who are in europe and would Be great for you . They charge between 3-4 euro per grafts 

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Personally I would stay on the meds and keep saving until you can afford a surgeon who vest suited for your results. Remember these results are for you to look in the mirror at for the rest of your life. Take your time and all the best in your research.

Well, I have the money to pay 20k+ on a transplant, but I don’t think the results are worth double the cost. In fact, some of the results I have seen from these clinics in Turkey are better than the results I have seen from more expensive and reputable clinics. The problem I am seeing with these Turkish clinics is that they are hit or miss. For instance I have seen some amazing results from HLC and some horrendous ones. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Fut means you have enough grafts in the bank ,and donor looks good . You say it has progressed despite being on fin, so you might want to consider dutasteride. Hlc do good work tbh, seen some excellent result here  and also some subpars, but like all clinics you get that. You could look at bisanga ,de Freitas and mwamba too who are in europe and would Be great for you . They charge between 3-4 euro per grafts 

I started to get side effects with higher dosages of Finastride, so I knocked it down to 1.25 every other day. Not sure if those side effects would come back if I move to Dutasteride. 

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Mars19 said:

The problem I am seeing with these Turkish clinics is that they are hit or miss. For instance I have seen some amazing results from HLC and some horrendous ones. 

I agree and there in lies the problem. The very real problem where donors are smashed, growth may or may not occur and if it does occur, the hairline is pluggy, poorly angled and grafts misplaced, etc. You want to find a surgeon that turns out a large (very large) volume of excellent work on a regular basis. You want to see results that are similar to your goals with hair loss similar to your yours. Looking at surgery by geography and budget is a mix for risking disaster. You are better off doing nothing than paying all of your saved money in the hope that your results land on 28 black.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mars19 said:

I started to get side effects with higher dosages of Finastride, so I knocked it down to 1.25 every other day. Not sure if those side effects would come back if I move to Dutasteride. 

Oh I see yeh that the balancing act with the meds , I should of asked your dosage first . Obviously I would Then suggest to have finasteride daily, as your regime may be why your hair loss is still progressing albeit much slower than if you were not taking fin at all. But given you got sides I can see why  you wouldn’t . Also did you experience the usual sexual side effects that people do , if you don’t mind me asking. 

5 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Oh I see yeh that the balancing act with the meds , I should of asked your dosage first . Obviously I would Then suggest to have finasteride daily, as your regime may be why your hair loss is still progressing albeit much slower than if you were not taking fin at all. But given you got sides I can see why  you wouldn’t . Also did you experience the usual sexual side effects that people do , if you don’t mind me asking. 

No sexual side effects, even at 2.5mg daily. I had groin pains. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mars19 said:

Dr Turan ( no bad results I’ve seen ), Dr Bicer, Demirsoy, Keser

You should be pleased with what they can achieve given your lower Norwood. 

Others that are mentioned positively but I don’t know much about - Dr Gur, HLC (for the most part good )